Sunday, June 2, 2024

PP692 Patriotic Friends

Happy Sunday, peeps! Time for a new Paper Players challenge with Jaydee as our hostess! It's theme week and what a fun one Jaydee has chosen:


Where would we be without our friends, right?!  So let's go!


I bought this Technique Tuesday stamp several years ago, just for this image, I loved it so much! I used it ONE TIME....and it went missing in my stamp room.  I tore everything apart and never found it.  Fast forward to about a year ago, I was looking through some vintage-type papers in one of my folders and lo and behold, stuck to the back of one of the pages was my stamp!  Phew!  I wanted to make a patriotic-themed card and this image seemed to fit the bill, along with the theme of friendship! I stamped the image in Real Red and fussy-cut it, then added a sentiment, some blue banners and some yummy blue gingham:


On the inside, a birthday sentiment, a little strip of the opposite side of the DSP and I'm ready to go for a July birthday!


And since the Color Throwdown challenge this week features my card's colors, I am going to enter it there as well!


Friendship is one of the best and easiest themes we could have, so I hope you'll take the challenge and make a friendship card, then share it with us at the  Players' blog!

Before I go, I am going to brag on Dana little....she always has to listen to me (and my two sisters) yak on and on about the birds we saw and/or heard, and when she sent me this video, I almost fell off my chair.  She took it through a window, so there's a glare and some background noise (you may want to hit the mute button to keep from hearing annoying commercials!), but she captured this female pileated woodpecker amazingly:


She's afraid she's becoming a bird nerd now, LOL!  Thanks for watching, thanks for visiting and be blessed today!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Small Sayings (ret), Vintage Summer (Technique Tuesday), Birthday Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Blueberry Bushel Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Star Punch (ret)

11 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm so glad you found this wonderful stamp. I love the patriotic look and feel of this great card with July 4th just around the corner. Dana got some great shots of that woodpecker too. They always drill on my aluminum gutter guards jolting me from my chair as it sounds like a jack hammer LOL

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is just stunning! If this set was still available, I would have it in my collection immediately! LOve the gingham, the stars, and even those little blue banners! This is a card to celebrate, sister!

I so wish we could turn back the clock so I could share the birding adventures we had at our last home. Dana's capture is fantastic! I kept waiting to see little ones peeking out of their nesting hole!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card!!! I'm glad you found your stamp because it's perfect for this July 4th card! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

There is so much cuteness on this card, LeAnne! That sweet image is one worth celebrating that you found it again! Love the gingham and the wonderful sentiments. Also love Dana's video...wowee!!!

Broni said...

I've always loved that image and it's definitely perfect for this challenge! What a stunning card, LeAnne! (And what a great video Dana captured of the woodpecker!!) Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda Callahan said...

One of my favorite stamps ever - just love that parade of kiddos!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Yay - I love it when something turns up after so long! I still live in hope that I didn't inadvertently throw away a die that I misplaced a year ago ... Anyway - what a fun, patriotic inspired friendship card. The sentiment is lovely!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

And I forgot to say - awesome bird video too - Dana is joining the gang lol!

Ann Schach said...

I absolutely LOVE this image and card, LeAnne! I remember you using this stamp a few years ago, and I remember how much I loved it then. I am SO happy you found it. Woo hoo!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love the red, white and blue! The parade looks so fun and the sentiment is so true! You rocked this challenge!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I have always loved this sentiment so was thrilled to see it on your card. I love the red, white and blue theme and that celebrate image is fabulous. Love the touch of ribbon, it's the perfect finishing touch. Fabulous card.
hugs
jaydee