Wednesday, May 24, 2023

RRCB207 Road Trip

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I had a stamp camp recently where we made men's cards, and the Retro Rubber Challenge this week of Anything Goes fit in perfectly with one of my cards:


 


This motorcycle and all the accompanying images are from Artistic Outpost's Route 66, which is from 2012!  I stamped the cycle in Merry Merlot ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, and then stamped the other images on the Merry Merlot card.  After I diecut the motorcycle panel, I stamped the map image directly on top of the motorcycle in Crumb Cake ink. I added a couple of metallic adhesive dots for a masculine look:

  

Since we were making the cards generic in occasion, we stamped a badge from Badges & Banners on the inside:


I am so sorry that SU retired Merry Merlot; it's such a great color!  

Cassidy was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society yesterday.  She's looking forward to helping plan some service projects as well as a school dance!  The dance is a fundraiser so it's not just for fun!  So proud of her!  On an interesting note, two other sets of parents of inductees grew up with Dana and were all in church and youth group together.  It was fun to reminisce with their parents, which are in my generation, and we all look forward to seeing how our grandchildren will grow to impact their futures!



Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Route 66 (Artistic Outpost, 2012), Badges & Banners (2016)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Merry Merlot (ret)
 Ink Crumb Cake, Merry Merlot (ret)
Accessories Metallic Adhesive Brads (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Countryside Corners Dies, Sponge Daubers

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I like this bike better than you know whose! Great card. Congrats to Cassidy. That's a big deal!!

Tracy Grauer said...

This is a great man card which I am always lacking! I think Merry Merlot is a great color also! So happy for Cassidy! What a beautiful young woman she is becoming!

I Card Everyone said...

Very masculine and FUN! LOve the map stamped on your panel, LeAnne.
We loved Route 66 and stayed in a 'retro' motel along the route home!
=]

Jean S said...

LeAnne ~
Love your card! And, I'm so happy to recreate it for Hubs. I actually have this AO set, and it hasn't touched ink in a long time. I'm dusting it off. YAY!
TFS Jean ~

Heather said...

This is so awesome, LeAnne - I'm with you - Merry Merlot just didn't get enough love! This is such a great design - you really brought the extra details home! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Bonnie said...

What a great masculine card, LeAnne! Cassidy is so pretty and smart too! I know you are a proud Grandma!

L. Brown said...

Great masculine card. It has been so much fun watching Cassidy grow up into such a fine young lady.

Lisa Elton said...

What a great masculine card, terrific colors too! Congrats again to Miss C!!

Lorraine said...

What a great guy's card. Congrats to Cassidy!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, always good to see your beautiful cards in the RR gallery. I love the addition of the metallic dots, so cool. I am stunned, how big is Cassidy now!! Time really does fly. Thank you for playing with us this time at RR. Claire DT