Thursday, May 11, 2023

Easy Mother's Day Card

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I have a quick card today, one where the DSP does most of the work---I love those, don't you?  I needed a Mother's Day card for John's stepmom and she loves flowers, so I pulled out a piece of this pretty floral from the retired Awash With Beauty papers, added a sentiment, ribbon and a few sequins, and it was done:


I know I could never re-create these beautiful florals myself, so I am glad SU did it for me!  My sentiment is from Hero Arts, ribbon is retired SU and the sequins are from my stash!  I diecut the banner and added a little mat:


And the inside sentiment is from a past Paper Pumpkin.  Isn't that font pretty?  Love it!


So glad you stopped by today!



Cassidy had woodshop this year and she made a "holder".  Dana said she made one exactly like it when she was in school, but it was a "CD holder".  Since they don't use CDs any more, now it's just a "holder" for whatever you want to hold, LOL!  Cassidy's using it to hold her Bible and a little lamp...I wonder if Dana even knows where hers is!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sentiments CL342 (Hero Arts), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Riding Hood Red (ret), Awash with Beauty DSP (ret), Rich Razzleberry (ret)
 Ink Berry Burst
Accessories Marina Mist Ribbon (ret), Sequins from my stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Banners Dies (Nestabilities)

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I'll say it's an easy card...and a pretty one at that! Did you post a pic of Cassidy's "holder"?

I Card Everyone said...

Yes, I do! Especially when the papers are as beautiful as this one, LeAnne! Quick, and pretty wins the day!
Well done, Cassidy!
=]

Wendy said...

That is a wonderful idea to use the floral papers for a Mother's Day card, LeAnne! I love this pack of dsp and your card is just perfect! Miss Cassidy's book holder is awesome! I use something like it to hold my stamp cases! Enjoy the sunshine!

Kampin' Karen said...

It's a great holder. Nice work, Cassidy!

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty, what marvelous colors! Cassidy did a great job on her 'holder'! Can you believe my husband made one of those when he was in school!