Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Dainty Delight Watercolor

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  After a long shipping delay, I finally got my Dainty Delight bundle and just couldn't wait to play...I just love those delicate florals!  The first go-round was with the stamps only; I pulled out some Thick Basic White cardstock and my Stamparatus and got to work:


I stamped the largest image in Crumb Cake and lightly watercolored the images in with various colors:


To give it a little interest, I embossed it with the retired Subtle embossing folder before adding a Crushed Curry tag on which I embossed a sentiment from the same set.  It was diecut with a Countryside Corners die, and I added a little retired Bumblebee gingham ribbon for fun:


I am also going to squeak this in over at As You See It, where they want to see your newest addition to your craft stash!



This set has endless possibilities, and I've not even begun to check out the dies yet!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dainty Delight
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Crushed Curry
 Ink Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia, Old Olive, Soft Sea Foam, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Countryside Corners Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder (ret), Aquapainter

14 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the pop of colors from the flowers and that beautiful heat embossed sentiment! The embossed flower panel also just makes your card pop! I love all the cards I have seen with this bundle but for the life of me can't figure out why I never ordered it! *sigh* After seeing your card you may have enabled me to put it on my Wish List! LOL Love this!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful arrangement of flowers! Love your coloring, the texture and the contrast of that pretty tag!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this is one of the most stunning cards I've seen with this set!! It's so beautiful, yet simple. I LOVE IT! I didn't have this on my wish list, but it's going to the top of the list now. I've always wanted to try this technique. Gorgeous!!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a pretty bouquet, LeAnne! and I love how you've used the label to collect it. That embossing added just the right amount of texture to give it an almost 'canvas' look!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card! I never think of water coloring. I believe you're gonna get cased!!
The Subtle EF is my all-time fav.

Carol L said...

Those beautifully colored flowers look sensational on that embossed background! I love the sentiment panel with that cute ribbon too - what a great birthday card!

Heather said...

Dang, LeAnne, this is stunning! So fresh and vibrant - your coloring is the perfect medium for these glorious stems, I never think to stamp in another neutral before coloring! I have to try this! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the simplicity of this LeAnne - those pops of colour are really fresh and bright and the embossed background is fab. I love the bright yellow label and touch of gingham ribbon too. So glad your goodies finally arrived and you got to share with us over at As You See It this week!

Heather Cooper said...

LeAnne, your superpower is knowing just how to accessorize your main images so they are displayed to the best of their potentials! I love that little Crushed Curry tag and Bumblebee Gingham ribbon knot! It perfectly accents those lovely flowers! Great colouring, too! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges.

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful watercoloring. I haven't used this bundle too much but I'm sure I will.

Jan Clothier said...

This is just perfect! I'm never brave enough to try no line water-colouring, yet the result is just so spectacular. The embossing was a perfect touch. I love the clean, crisp look of this, LeAnne. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Jeanne H said...

A truly lovely card, I just love it. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this! What a sweet bouquet!

Jane Knudsen said...

I am glad you snuck this in cause I am in love! I now must buy this stamp set!! The watercoloring is perfection and the embossing is the right touch! Finished off with a great sentiment and ribbon! Stunning!! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!