Wednesday, April 20, 2022

TMS653 Sorbet Sunflower

Happy Wednesday, peeps! My card today is bright, you'd better put on your sunglasses!  It uses one of SU's new In Colors, Sweet Sorbet!  I paired it with Celebrate Sunflowers and Jar of Flowers for a fun thank you card for one of my customers!  Here we go:


I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches:


I started with some new Sweet Sorbet DSP, cutting out a section with a Stitched Rectangle die, then flipping over the cut-out piece and cutting it with the next smaller size down die.  I stamped the jar from Jar of Flowers in Pool Party, then added the smaller sunflower stamped in Sweet Sorbet and Soft Succulent (for the leaves).  I colored in each section with a blender pen, then mounted them on a circle that was embossed with the Dots EF:


I added a sentiment from Ornate Thanks, a wee bit of Soft Succulent ribbon and some In Color Matte Dots to finish it off!  I think it's fun to use a floral image in a different color than expected!  I am trying to get used to the new colors....they're a little intense for me, but I am sure I will warm up to them.  Thanks for visiting today!


Can't ignore Dana and Wayne....although it looks like Wayne has a big pirate's earring, it's really his sunglasses strap, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Celebrate Sunflowers, Jar of Flowers, Ornate Thanks
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Sweet Sorbet DSP
 Ink Sweet Sorbet, Pool Party, Soft Succulent
Accessories Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon, In Color Matte Dots, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sunflower Dies, Jar Punch, Stylish Shapes Dies, Checks & Dots Embossing Folder, Blender Pen

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Wowzers! I took your advice and put my sunglasses on...lol! Love your design and you have helped me like the new Sweet Sorbet. First thing I noticed was Wayne's "earring" ha ha! Your girls are so beautiful and what a pretty backdrop for the pic. Have a blessed day and thank you again for the bunnies. I had two in the yard yesterday!

I Card Everyone said...

You've done a gorgeous job of highlighting that new color, LeAnne! Bright, fresh, and the exact color of my own favorite sorbet!
Darling photo - there's that look again!
=]

Wendy said...

Oh so pretty, LeAnne! You were not kidding when you said sunglasses required! LOL I do love how bright & colorful your flower is and those papers! Looks like you & your family had a nice Easter. I saw the earring on Wayne too and laughed then realized what it was after reading your comment! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Lisa Elton said...

It's bright and happy, Leanne and your customer will enjoy it! Darling family photo!

Raechelle Bellus said...

Aa beautiful color and card! Thanks for sharing with TMS! 😊

Debbie said...

Ooh! This is such a bright, pretty, happy card!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card - and Id say Wayne is rocking the pirate look!

Tangii said...

I just love every little thing about this card and those colors are vibrant but very pretty! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches, hope to see you again :-D