Thursday, April 28, 2022

AHS470 Be Still

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I hope you're having a great week so far.  Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card for a family at church, and the sketch from Atlantic Hearts was perfect.  Here's the sketch:


I recently got some pretty papers from Kaisercraft called Pen & Ink; they have vintage designs, so I pulled a few out to make this:


I used four different patterns from the pad; the butterfly one has shiny black embossing on it, which really gives a cool effect!  I added a little scalloped border of Sahara Sand, a bow of Linen Thread, and a border of stamped gingham.


I stamped a Bible verse at the top, then diecut another panel from the butterfly print and added a black scalloped mat and a couple of Metallic pearls:


On the inside, I stamped a verse from a Papertrey set, along with a butterfly from Positive Thoughts, which I wish I had done differently, but hopefully the recipient won't mind how odd it looks, LOL!


I like the neutral, calming colors in this pad....so soft and pretty!  Thanks for popping in today!

Ever hear of a spaghetti taco?  Apparently it's a thing!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Positive Thoughts, Farmhouse Scriptural Quotes (Stamp Simply), Inspired Grace (Papertrey), Background Basics-Gingham (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Pen & Ink DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Memento Black, Sahara Sand
Accessories Metallic Pearls, Dimensionals, Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Be Happy Dies (ret), Layering Circles Dies, 1/8" Hole Punch

12 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm loving the soft color palette on this card. Sympathy cards are always hard to make for me, but the bible verses are perfect! No, I never heard of a spaghetti taco, but I have a friend who makes spaghetti pie on a regular basis :)

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous papers, and wonderful layers, LeAnne... love the butterflies and neutral colors!
However, I think I'll be happy just seeing Miss C eat those tacos. ew.
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Spaghetti taco...now that's interesting! Your card is beautiful and I know it will bring a peaceful feeling to the recipient.

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love your beautiful card! Great use of the sketch!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Dena J said...

I love the muted colors and fantastic combination of floral and text. Beautiful sentiment for a sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the elegant colour scheme LeAnne and the beautiful sentiments inside and out. Had to chuckle at Cassidy embracing the carbs!! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty layers you've created with that marvelous paper! This is a lovely card, LeAnne. Spaghetti tacos... uh, no!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is a terrific sympathy card wth the distressed papers and muted tones - beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the muted colours of your card LeAnne and the eclectic combination of elements - the whole thing comes together brilliantly, you have made it look effortless. I love it!

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. I love all of the butterflies and the wonderful colors. Thank you so much for sharing your work us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

Fabulous card, I love the monochromatic feel and the butterflies are great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card!. I love all your details. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.