Wednesday, April 13, 2022

TCC173 Shabby Chic

Hi there, stampers!  Today I have a card for the new Card Concept challenge, and the challenge gave me a chance to do a shabby-chic card! They're just about my favorite style to make but they do take me a wee bit longer, so I don't make them as often as I would like to!  Anyway, here's Julie's prompt:


Aren't those pillows gorgeous?  I am a pillow nut, I have tons on my couch, but then we have to take them off when we all want to sit on it, LOL!  Anyway, I pulled out a couple of old SU sets, Freehand Florals from W+9, and some Prima Farm Sweet Farm papers to create my shabby chic/vintage card for this week:


I started with the sketch from Sunday Stamps:
 

then layered on some of the papers to a Sahara Sand base.  I stamped the birdcage from Nature Walk in Stazon Black, then added a few more elements from the same set to the background; the flower in Blushing Bride, the "number" in Sahara Sand, and I also stamped from script from French Foliage:


The flowers are from W+9, stamped in Blushing Bride and Merry Merlot along with Sahara Sand foliage.  The sentiment, heat embossed in white, is from Our Daily Bread Design Mini Tag Sentiments.  I diecut the circle and the banner with the new Stylish Shapes dies that will be coming out next month!  Love them!  Finally, I diecut a little wren from Sahara Sand and added a little color and shading to him so he could perch just below the bird cage.  I also added some Black & White gingham ribbon for fun!


I didn't stamp anything on the inside; I will leave it blank until I know for what occasion I'll be using it!  Now, I hope this gorgeous sets of pillows will whet your stamping appetite to come play with us.  Just be sure to tell us your stamping "style" (you can see all the styles on the Card Concept's blog); we can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for visiting today!

A little arcade game action!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." Isaiah 46:9-10

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nature Walk (ret), French Foliage (ret), Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), Free Hand Florals (W+9)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Farm Sweet Farm DSP (Prima)
 Ink Stazon Black, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Craft White
Accessories Black & White Gingham Ribbon, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies, Birds & Blooms Dies (ret), Free Hand Floral Dies (W+9)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love it when you have the extra time for one of your shabby chic masterpieces, LeAnne! They never disappoint!
LOve that birdcage and every other little bit of chic - including the chick!
=]
ps did you watch that Shabby Chic show? I loved it!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love how you've put all these elements together, LeAnne! They go perfectly with one another and that little wren is adorable!

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne, way to bring the gorgeous details! I love all your work here - how did you do all this and it's not "too much?!" Beautiful. Love your eye - and those tiny layered flowers steal my heart! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

You love them and you do them well! This is lovely, LeAnne!

Vickie said...

Well LeAnne…you definitely pulled this off…with those lovely pillows as your inspiration. Loving it…love the Vintage/Shabby Chic.
Beautifully done. Enjoy your day.

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Love that birdcage image, perfect colors and layering too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Stef Perry said...

LeAnn, every bit 9f this card is shabby chic perfection! The sweet flowers and cute die cut bird are wonderful elements to join your stamped images. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Kim S said...

I love what you've done with this! It's beautifully shabby chic and each element/pattern has so much detail but still just a few focal points which really appeals to my simple brain!! It's lovely!