Sunday, April 24, 2022

PP588 Sketch from Joanne

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, and it's a FUN sketch from the amazing Joanne!  Easy layout, a pattern of THREE, I love it!  Here's the sketch:


I just got a fun new stamp set from Lawn Fawn called Baked with Love, and I thought this would be a good sketch on which to get those stamps inky!  So here we go:


I stamped, colored and diecut the elements, positioning them on some gingham squares, then added a sentiment from a retired set, Sweet Stuff:


I added some Wink of Stella on the cupcake...I wish it would show up in the photograph!!  And here's the inside sentiment, from the same set:


This was such a fun card to make, and the sketch is one I'll be using again for sure!  Check out what the design team did with it at the Paper Players blog...you'll be inspired to share yours with us as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

Friday was such a gorgeous day, I just had to go to Longwood Gardens; I had not visited for quite a while.  Apparently everyone else in the world thought so too...I had to park in the Christmas overflow area and be bussed in!  But despite the crowds, it was still delightful!  Here are the tulip beds:




The colors are just amazing!!  I'll have more soon!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Now then, my children, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways.  Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it.  Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.  For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.  But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death.  Proverbs 8:32-36

 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sweet Stuff (ret), Baked with Love (Lawn Fawn
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Gingham DSPs in Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron and Petal Pink (all ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Blends, Stylish Shapes Dies, Baked with Love Dies (Lawn Fawn)

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cute card. I like Lawn Fawn but I don't think I own any. Thank you for sharing the beautiful tulips with your readers. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

You really do know how to fill a sketch perfectly, and so sweetly today, LeAnne!
Let's see... if we get in the car now... OH do I wish! Would just love to see those Gardens in all their Spring glory!
=]

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, I love your card! The gingham is a perfect background for the cute little baking goodies! Great job with the sketch! Have a great week!

Cindy Beach said...

Love, the garden photos and the reminder that He cares for them, they neither toil nor spin, and oh! those colors! It's been a long time since I was there, so glad you got to go!
Now for your card, I LOVE it so much! I've wondered about that set, those images are so cute! The gingham squares and colors are so sweet, a fresh and fun creation! Sketch perfection.

laurie said...

Love the gingham and the cute images!

And those blooms are so gorgeous...still waiting for some spring here..

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE card, love it! And those tulips...WOWZA!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - and wow those flowers! gorgeous!

Liz Williams said...

So adorable and love the gingham squares!

Lorraine said...

That is a sweet card. I miss having tulips. The deer treat them as candy here in our yard but my grandfather had beautiful parrot tulips growing up. Coming home from DE on 295 we got a glimpse of the tulip festival in Dalton NJ on Easter Sunday. Don't know if they're still open.

Ann Schach said...

What a cute card, LeAnne! The baking items look adorable with the gingham paper. What gorgeous flowers! I am sure that was a fun way to spend the day.

Celeste Goff said...

What an adorably sweet card! And wow on those tulip fields!!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is such a fun card! I have a friend that this would be perfect for. She loves to bake. All of these images are so sweet! Those gardens are breathtaking! I would love to visit!!!

Christy Lynn said...

Oh now that is the sweetest card ever. I love the different colored gingham blocks behind all your baking supplies, I may have to get that stamp set for use in scrapbook pages as my kiddo likes to help me bake and cook. Love your tulip pictures! They're all so pretty and vibrant, but my favorite is the last one with the purple and pink flowers. Gorgeous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a fabulous combination of baking elements and the gingham squares are the perfect backdrop. I thought you might like this week's sketch LeAnne and your card definitely didn't disappoint!

Kim S said...

This is SO fun! I love the sprinkling of patterns and images!!