Monday, April 11, 2022

Recycled Snowmen

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I have an uber-quick card today, made for the Jingle Belles challenge of  "Let There Be Peace"....for Earth Day, we are to recycle something on our card! I have been saving this card front from a Christmas card I received a long time ago, and thought it would be fun to use it to create a new one!  No stamping on the front, just the inside, but I did add some glimmer paper snowflakes:


The snowmen look a little blurry because they're totally glitter-covered!  In real life, they look amazing, and that's why I couldn't bear to part with it.  I trimmed it down and mounted it on a Cherry Cobbler card base, then added the snowflakes in the corners:


I added a Very Vanilla mat on the inside, stamped with a checkerboard strip and country-style sentiment, both of which are from an old Market Street stamp set called Country Christmas, which has been discontinued, sadly:


Another card for my Christmas card stash!

I managed to get a picture of Cassidy as she was joining church yesterday...not a good picture, but one nonetheless!  Then she was off to a soccer game! (They won again!)


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!



9 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a great Christmas card that you recycled, LeAnne! The inside Is just as cute as the out! Congrats to Miss Cassidy on joining your church! She is growing up so fast!

Vickie said...

A joyful day LeAnne…..Blssings

I Card Everyone said...

Darling - and your card is pretty cute, too! wink.
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super cute - what a great way to recycle an old card for new! I'm behind with my Christmas cards so your card today has served as a reminder to get back on it!

Bonnie said...

A special day for Cassidy and all of you. I know you are so proud of her!

Your snowmen make a fantastic Christmas card! I see why you've held on to them for so long.

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card and a lovely granddaughter! Gosh she's growing up so fast!

SmilynStef said...

Fantastic holiday upcycle ... so glad you joined us for EARTH DAY at Jingle Belles.

Lorraine said...

I would have saved that one too! Love how you did the inside to tie it all together. God Bless Cassidy!

lauren bergold said...

oh that is a beauty and you've made it into an even more awesome new card! plus... the inside is equally cool and matches so well that possibly the recipients will not know that ANY recycling hijinks have taken place!!! so happy you could join our Earth Day fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

ps: holy moly cassidy is SOOOOOO grown up now! what a lovely young lady!♥♥♥