Sunday, April 17, 2022

PP587 CAS April Showers

Happy Sunday, peeps, Happy Easter!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess this week with a seasonal CLEAN AND SIMPLE challenge!  Check it out:

I chose to use the umbrella from Under My Umbrella (retired) and the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I confess, the sketch scared me a wee bit, but since it was a Clean and Simple challenge, I decided to do some simple blending to create that background.  (Be kind, I am still learning the ropes with my blending brushes, LOL!)  So here we go:


For my background, I simply took a sheet of acetate and laid it on my cardstock, then used my blending brush and some Balmy Blue ink to create the "rays".  I then punched out an umbrella from some Balmy Blue gingham DSP but it really didn't seem to match so well, so I did another from Bermuda Bay...better!  I stamped a floral image and fussy cut it out, adhering it atop a sentiment banner and an embossed circle:


I added a few sequins and a couple of birthday sentiments to the inside and it was done!  It's not as CAS as I normally do but there are only a couple of layers and a good bit of "white" space!


I hope you'll have fun with our Clean and Simple challenge this week!  Check out what the designers did over at the Paper Players blog, then share yours with us too!  Remember to keep it clean and simple!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!

"As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.  "Don't be alarmed," he said.  "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has risen! He is not here.  See the place where they laid him.  But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee.  There you will see him, just as he told you'."  

Mark 16:6-7

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Under My Umbrella, Best Year
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Acetate Sheet, Bermuda Bay Gingham (ret)
 Ink Balmy Blue, Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Perfect Polka Dot EF (ret), Umbrella Punch (ret), Blends, Blending Brushes

17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Happy Easter, LeAnne! I love your happy little umbrella, and sequin rain drops!
=]

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! Happy Easter to you & your family!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! Your blended background in Balmy Blue is stunning. What a creative way to create the rays! The gingham umbrella is perfect in Bermuda Bay. I absolutely LOVE this card. It's perfect! Have a wonderful week!

Alyson Mayo said...

THIS! That sunburst is fabulous and what a creative way to make it! Love the umbrella with the other elements as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Tracy F said...

This is such a pretty card! I love your background work! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

laurie said...

Wow...I love that background you created...great job sponging!

Denise Willerton said...

Happy blessed Easter LeAnne ~ and OOOOOO I love this card ~ it totally forgot about this technique!!! You Are A Rock Star!!!! TFS blessings, Denise xo

Kim S said...

This is charming! You did beautifully with the brushes, and the little gingham umbrella and the itty bitty flowers are just perfect with the sentiment!

Brandi said...

Fabulous! I love how you did the sunburst with the blues and the texture on your circle is great, all the elements work so well together! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

What a fun card. I love the monochromatic color scheme and your ink blending is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!
Anna, Design Team

Lisa Elton said...

Hpapy Easter! What not to love about this little gingham umbrella... so cute!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Blessed Easter wishes to you LeAnne! I love the mix of blues and your sweet umbrella and your ink-blended background is great - you inspired me to have a go at this technique too!

Christy Lynn said...

Super cute, LeAnne! I think you did great with the blending brushes :) I like all the texture in the corner with the embossing folder and that one corner rounded off on the card front. I would totally carry a gingham umbrella!

Cindy Beach said...

I think your blending looks great and your cute card rocked this challenge, LeAnne! I love everything about it, and the sentiment couldn't be better. Makes me HAPPY!

Celeste Goff said...

LeAnne, your card is absolutely fabulous!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, you rocked my challenge! I love this gorgeous stenciled background! WOW! Your little gingham umbrella is so sweet. Polka dots make every card happy! Love every detail in this pretty card!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, your stenciled, blended background is fabulous! You really rocked the sketch! And.. I love that sentiment!
hugs
jaydee