Wednesday, April 27, 2022

TCC174 Spring Flowers

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for another beautiful Card Concept challenge, where you get to tell us the "card concept" you use to create your card!  Here's the prompt that Julie has for us this week:

 

Isn't this a pretty garden?  And house?  Although it would take a lot of nerve for me to have a pink door, LOL!  But in the stamping world, we can have anything we want!  I didn't do a pink door, but I did use Magenta Madness as a focal point for my Clean and Layered card, so here we go:


I just used the Jar of Flowers last week, but what a surprise, it worked for my card today as well!  I didn't quite know what ink to use for stamping the outline, as I did not want black, but I found one of my distress inks worked very well with watercoloring....I tend to forget that I have a few of those inks!  This one happened to be Weathered Wood, which is a sort of blue tone, and it worked nicely with the palette of the challenge.


I used Magenta Madness, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Soft Seafoam and Old Olive for my flowers, fussy cutting them out after watercoloring them on watercolor paper.  I also watercolored the stems, and hid the seam under the sentiment from Eden's Garden.  My Magenta panel was embossed with the new Fern EF, and the white panel was embossed with Timeworn Type.  The card base is the retired Almost Amethyst, which seemed to work a little better than the darker purple shades we have now.  On the inside, I stamped a verse from Our Daily Bread Designs:


For embellishments, I added some Polished Pink Open Weave ribbon and a sprinkling of sequins from my stash.  I also used the "CASE the Designer" challenge from Global Design Project:


Sadly, this card will be going to Julie, the creative genius behind The Card Concept, as she lost her dear husband earlier this week after a very long illness.  I hope it brings her comfort!  Thanks for visiting today....I hope you'll play along with us and share your creation, and its concept, with us at The Card Concept!  And I thought I'd share a floral arrangment left from the funeral at our church on Sunday, as well as some more flowers from the conservatory at Longwood; their colors match the prompt so well, I just had to share!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Flowers, Eden's Garden, Scripture Collection 1 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Magenta Madness, Watercolor, Shimmery White, Almost Amethyst (ret)
 Ink Old Olive, Soft Seafoam, Balmy Blue, Magenta Madness, Highland Heather, Weathered Wood Distress (Tim Holton)
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals, Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot,Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Fern EF, Timeworn Type EF, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful bouquets, LeAnne! Thanks for sharing pictures of the garden. What an awesome display of color and beauty!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the Magenta Madness - especially pretty embossed as you've done.
I'd give anything to have a garden like this - I'd even like the pink door!
That Conservatory [and the ginormous lotus outside] were my favorite part of the entire Garden!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty spring card, LeAnne! Love the sweet bouquet of blooms. Thanks for sharing the real blooms too!

Vicky Hayes said...

How beautiful those flowers are in the prompt, in your card and in the photos at the end of your post. I just love those colours and your watercoloured bouquet and the way you matched your sequins to different parts of it. Lovely! Vicky x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So many beautiful flowers LeAnne from your card, to the vase and those amazing borders - wonderful!

Kim S said...

I love your bouquet - and it's so pretty on the bright pink!