Sunday, April 10, 2022

PP585 Bright Butterfly

Happy Palm Sunday, peeps! It's time for a new Paper Players challenge with Anne Marie as our hostess with a bright, happy color palette for us:


I admit that these colors made me pause a bit, but I charged forward once I had an idea in mind!  Cassidy is joining church today, AND she made straight As on her report card this quarter, so I had to make a special card to congratulate her!  She doesn't like frilly, girly-girl colors and patterns, but since there may be a little gift inside this card, I think she'll excuse my using these!  Here we go:


I chose Basic White as my neutral.  I really love the layering stencils that are in the mini catalog and sadly, they are not carried over either, so I am trying to get as much use from them as I can!  I stenciled the bottom butterfly layer in  Daffodil Delight and the top layer in Polished Pink, which of course, turned it a lovely ORANGE!  LOL!  So I added some Polished Pink speckles, a wee little layer of Polished Pink cardstock, and a pink rhinestone:


Oh, and a pink sentiment from A Grand Kid!  I mounted everything on a Coastal Cabana card on which I also stenciled some flowers!  The inside sentiment is from the same set!


And my sketch is from FMS:


The design team came up with some fun creations using Anne Marie's color challenge this week...check them out at the Players blog, then share yours with us too!




17 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Perfect card! Have fun today.

I Card Everyone said...

So wonderful! Congratulations, Cassidy!
=]

Wendy said...

This card is so perfect for Miss Cassidy, LeAnne! The colors are beautiful and I am with you on those masks retiring! I wish they would have carried over as well. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, great job with the color combo! I love the stencil for the background too. The butterfly looks great too! Your granddaughter will love this! Have a great week!

Jacquie Southas said...

love how you balanced the colors, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this! The butterfly is so pretty and I love that it looks like it's leaving a trail of speckles.

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats to Miss C!! This is a delightful card!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! I LOVE how you used the challenge colors. These stencils are absolutely amazing. Congratulations to Cassidy! This card will be a wonderful memento of her accomplishments. Have a great week!

Brandi said...

So pretty, I love the soft flowers with that gingham background. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous way to use that panel LeAnne and I love the stencil combo. I haven't used either of these yet so will have to CASE before it's too late! A great way to showcase these bright colours too. I hope you had a memorable church service today!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the butterfly! Gorgeous card and perfect for Miss C! Congrats to her on those fabulous grades and so happy she is officially joining the church. It was a lifetime ago when I did that!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I just love that big, bright butterfly!! Congratulations to Cassidy on her great achievements!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Christy Lynn said...

Love that big, bold butterfly, LeAnne! I think these bright colors are perfect for kid cards, and I love how you used the stencils. Love the pattern on the card base!

laurie said...

Fun card for a fun kid! Congrats to her!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Congratulations to Miss Cassidy! She will love this beautiful card. I love what you did with those bold colors. That butterfly is so pretty!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous!!! I sure hope Cassidy loved this, too. Thanks for having fun with my colors this week!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, no wonder you are so proud. Go, Cassidy! I bet she loved this bright, celebratory card. What a wonderful use of the colors. Fabulous card, my friend
hugs
jaydee