Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TSOT288 Joyful Birthday


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It's time for another Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:  


The option this week is Autumn Colors, but I was itching to use some of this fun Festive Birthday DSP that I hadn't had a chance to play with yet!  I needed a birthday card, so it was a perfect time to dig into it:


I let the paper do most of the work!  I added a Melon Mambo flower, cut using the Flower Fair Framelits along with some leaves from the Flourish Framelits; I accented it with a big white enamel dot in the center:


And the sentiment banner was diecut with the banner from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits; the sentiment is from a retired SU set called Small Sayings, stamped in Marina Mist, and shaded just a wee bit with some ink and an aquapainter to give it dimension!


And on the inside, I added a little narrow strip of the same DSP, different pattern, and a sentiment from Papertrey:


I thoroughly enjoyed this sketch, and I hope you'll play along with it as well!  You can share it on the TSOT blog, or we even have a Facebook page where you can enter it too!

Some of Cassidy's chalkwork:  that's a bear (sort looks like a pig to me, but what do I know?) and a mouse with a long pink tail, walking in the grass at night, with a moon in the sky!  Sure it is!


3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

This birthday card definitely says "fun" to me! I love the bright colors and the banner with the flower is perfect for the DSP. But I love that sentiment on the inside of the card…it's a great one…may have to look for it! :) Cassidy is a girl with many talents and drawing is another!

Marsha said...

So pretty, such happy colors. Love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's some happy paper! Cute card birthday LeAnne!! A bear and a mouse walking through the tall grass under the moon...I see it perfectly clear!