Tuesday, September 6, 2016

TO65 Falling Leaves


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I have been loving the weather this week, but summer isn't ready to say adios quite yet!  But I am in the fall stamping mood for sure!  The Time Out challenge this week is about leaves and fall, a perfect one for this time of the year.  On my Pinterest board, I saw this stunning card from Julie Beech  (scroll down to the fifth card) and knew I just had to recreate it with Vintage Leaves:


I stamped the leaves on the front of a Very Vanilla card, masking and sponging them; I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Delightful Dijon, Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze inks, then added some spatters with Soft Suede.  I added a little strip of Chocolate Chip to each side of the side panels (they look uneven in the photo, but they're not!!!) and used lots of dimensionals to attach it to the front of the card.  Of course, I forgot to stamp the sentiment (a past Paper Pumpkin) so I carefully did that, then added another leaf on front, stamped in Tangerine Tango:

 

When it was all finished, I realized the fold was on the bottom and I stamped and assembled everything upside down!  A little more cutting and gluing and it was all good!  But I am sure you have never had to do that!!!

I forgot to share how Cassidy laid out her clothes for the first day of school:


Of course, she spilled something on her shirt at breakfast time, so we had to resort to shirt "B"!


Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

Julie B said...

Thanks for leaving the lovely comment LeAnne. This is a gorgeous CASE! The autumnal leaves look great poking through the aperture. Thanks for the shout out too. :)

Bibi said...

Not sure if I've commented on any of your cards but I assure you I have admired your cards for a long time and of course the adventures of Cassidy. Especially having 7 grandchildren, 5 of which are girls. This fall card is gorgeous and the adventure of its final hooray has made me write to say, yeah for the not giving up. We have all been there, believe me. It's a lovely card for sure and I think I'll have to CASE this beauty myself. Thanks for sharing. Sure did make my day!!!Still smiling!

Dawn Tidd said...

I just thought this was gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the panel with the Chocolate Chip borders, which DO NOT look crooked and the inset leaves. Perfect way to use Vintage Leaves! Do you think Cassidy will continue to do this every day?

laurie said...

Your fall card is so stunning! I love the splatters, they add so much.

She is SUCH a doll..how cute she laid out her clothes:)

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL card LeAnne!! You have put me in the mood to begin making fall cards. Lev your design too. I see Cassidy even lines up her clothes LOL, so cute!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne love this CAS card. I am going through a "white space" period myself. I bought this shell set and haven't even used it yet! What.......????
Hugs.
PS: I can't believe how Cassidy has grown! It certainly goes fast, right?

Nonni said...

This is such a great design! I love those dark trips you added, great job! Love your stamping and colors too. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

sandie said...

Congrats for getting HM at Time Out x