Friday, September 2, 2016

FF95 Bear Hugs


Happy Friday, peeps!  A quick post and a quick card for today using Fab Friday's sketch:


Going through some of my old SU stuff, I found a card kit from a couple years back that had these fun little notecards, so I thought I would use this one for a birthday card for my nephew:


I paired it with some retired DSP that had a grunge look to it; a bear from last year's Thankful Forest Friends and a sentiment from The Paper Studio.  I added a couple of circle mats, a tag from Simon Says Stamp and some candy dots too!  The elements were stamped with Timeless Textures, and the bear was stamped with Soft Suede.  I added some shadowing to give him a little depth using ink and a blender pen:


He kinda makes me smile!  And so does this wee one, on a rainy trip to the bus stop.  Check out those socks!
  

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Aww, what a cutie - I still have many of these papers - I feel a CASE coming on! Perfect colors for this bear! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

thestampinglady said...

Awesome card. Love the sense of humor. Cool umbrella too Cassissdy.

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so adorable, LeAnne! Love the polka dot notecard with the DSP and the layered circles, it's perfect together. The sentiment takes it right over the top!

Cassidy does look like she's well prepared with that umbrella. :)

*Vicki* said...

Now that is a cute bear!! I love the look of him with those papers! I know I still have some lurking around somewhere! LOL!! Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!! HUGS

jengd said...

That card is great- I'm in love with that bear. Man, Cassidy is right on trend with those socks!

Rene from OZ x said...

Ooh la la,
Spots never go out of fashion Cassidy.
Rene from OZ x

Lisa Elton said...

What a terrific card for your nephew! I like the fun chevron paper behind the bear! Oh yes, those sock are too much fun!!

stampwithamyk said...

So sweet! Love the little bear sending hugs. Perfect background papers too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon! By the way, those socks are awesome!

Amanda Mertz said...

Such a cute card! I remember that DSP and I loved it then and love it now! The stitching and grunge looks are great details for a guy card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Brian King said...

SUCH a sweet card, LeAnne! I adore this bear but really love the throwback of this paper - so sweet. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, I like the socks too but that umbrella is adorable!
Your card is a perfect combination of fun elements. I love how you stamped the textures. Great take on the sketch!