Friday, September 30, 2016

PPA320 Fall Jar of Love


Happy Friday and happy last day of September!  I recently got the Jars of Love set...I really debated as to whether or not I "needed" it, but it has so many cute images, I broke down and got it!  I wanted to do something with fall colors, and when I saw Dawn's sketch at Pals Paper Arts, I got to work!  First, here's the sketch:

ppa-320-sep29

And here's the card:


I realize this pattern from A Little Foxy DSP is a little subdued for my jar of fall foliage, but it does give my card a bit of an organic feel!  I used Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon and Pumpkin Pie for my foliage; the jar was stamped in Basic Gray and the water is Soft Sky.  I also added some Soft Sky bees and some Smoky Slate speckles, but they're a bit hard to see:


I stamped some designs from Timeless Textures on my horizontal and vertical pieces using Versamark ink, and the sentiment is from Sprinkles of Life.  I finished it off with some silver and tan baker's twine!  I am sure I will be playing with set a lot more in the future!

Cassidy wanted to make a birthday card for her classmate Emma and we were short on time (you can tell it was after her bath!) and she found these little images from Sweet Stuff along with a Project Life card, in my scrap pile;  I had colored and cut them out but never used them, so we combined them on a Pink Pirouette card and stamped a sentiment on the front!  She hasn't quite figured out that the name on the card should be her FRIEND's name, not hers!  Oh well!  She wrote quite a sweet little note on the inside and I am sure that Emma will figure it out!  Since there was a face on the ice cream cone, she took a marker and drew a face (with glasses) on the cupcake as well!  Her little mind is always thinking!


And here's me in a little Scottish snack shop, having a spot of tea!


Thanks for popping by today!



5 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this, LeAnne! The jar looks wonderful on the wood grain background and the foliage you stamped really does say "fall" too! The strip of DSP brings just the right touch of a bright pop of orange! I'm drinking a cup of tea and enjoying your picture! Makes me wish we could have one together and that I could hear all about your trip!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you stamped right on the paper - so pretty! And look how cute you are having a cuppa in Scotland!

PJ said...

Very nice card, I love mason jar stamps and the fall foliage is delightful here. victoryfirst.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is perfectly lovely LeAnne! I like having a jar stamp, so many possibilities. Cute little card for Cassidy's friend and a cute photo of you having tea!

Wendy said...

So pretty! I would have never thought to make Jar of Love set into a Fall card! I love your inspiration, LeAnne! WOW, you look at home in Scotland! I bet it was a wonderful experience! TFS!