Wednesday, September 7, 2016

TGIF71, SIP64 and CASology 214 Seashells


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I am switching gears, going back to summery stamping, when I saw the CASology challenge of Beach!  It was too good to pass up!  I combined it with the Less is More challenge from Stamp, Ink, Paper and the TGIF color challenge:

SIP Challenge 64 - CAS

The colors in the TGIF challenge were unique together so I used them sparingly, stamping the large and small shell from the retired set Stipple Shells in Sweet Sugarplum, and another small one in Rich Razzleberry.  The speckles (Gorgeous Grunge) were stamped in Blushing Bride and the sentiment (ret. Beautiful Beach) was stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  I added a few sequins, mounted it on a Very Vanilla card base and called it a day at the beach!

 

I did pop up two of the small shells just for fun!  Thanks for visiting today!  


I neglected to share a pretty card Cassidy got for her birthday that my friend Doris made; it's a shaker card with birdseed in it!  So fun!  She gave Cassidy some stickers too!


 And here's a closeup of the card:


I love the shading on the bird....so realistic!  Thanks, Doris!

9 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Stunning and elegant--you always make the best cards! I want to thank you for linking up with our color challenge at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

Linda said...

Love the shell card and the shaker card your friend made for Cassidy is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet, simple and just perfect, LeAnne. The addition of the sequins gives just the right beachy sparkle!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

LeAnne, your Day at the Beach card is just gorgeous! Just the right amount of splatters and sequins to add even more interest to those gorgeous shells! I adore the sweet bird seed shaker card that Cassidy received from your sweet friend, Doris! What a fabulous idea to put bird seeds in the shaker! Have a blessed day and thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the font on the sentiment!! this is pretty LeAnne. What a fun shaker card for Cassidy. I like the birdseed idea!

stampwithsandy said...

LOVE this, LeAnne! Such pretty colors, and so perfectly CAS!

Jenn said...

Just gorgeous LeAnne. Thank you so much for playing along with the TGIF challenge this week. I do hope you will play again with us soon!

jengd said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors while the spatters and sequins are a great addition! And fabulous idea to use birdseed as a shaker! Kudos to Doris!

Judy1223 said...

LeAnne, I love the way you used the LIM colors on this beautiful beachy card! So wonderfully CAS, too! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!