Wednesday, September 14, 2016

MM465 and SIP65 Get Well


Hi everyone!  I had created this card earlier in the week for the Mojo Monday sketch:


and was thrilled when I saw the Stamp Ink Paper challenge was monochromatic!  Check!

sip-challenge-65-monochromatic

I love monochromatic!  I used some pretty papers from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea line in a pretty Wisteria Wonder shade:


It's a bit hard to see, but the back panel was stamped with a floral image from Tim Holtz's Flower Garden set., then sponged and decorated with some SU enamel dots.  The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen (ret SU), and I stamped the scallop behind it with a Leafy backgrounder stamp (ret Cornish Heritage Farms):


I added a piece of doily (SU) and some twine from my stash, then stamped a sentiment from Papertrey on the inside and lightly stamped the same floral image on top:


And speaking of florals, since I don't have any new pix of Cassidy, now that she's in school all day, I thought I would share some things that are in my flower garden:

A monarch on a spider zinnia:


A closeup of  another zinnia:


Butterfly bush:


And yes, a mama and three teen-age turkeys, behind the garden:


We knew the turkeys were around, as my SIL and a neighbor had told us they had seen a mother turkey with babies, but this was the first time they had ventured all the way down to our yard.  They were actually IN our yard but as soon as I went out with my camera, they scuttled away!


Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Love the monochromatic color, embossed panel and that scalloped sentiment panel! It all just sings to me! So pretty and makes a perfect Get Well card! Your garden of flowers is beautiful! Your camera captures some very pretty shots! TFS and have a great day! :)

mudmaven said...

Love the card LeAnne! Monochromatic is one of my favorite techniques too. Gorgeous flower/butterfly/turkey pix too! Love the glimpses of your yard! ~chris

Dawn Tidd said...

This is a beautiful card, LeAnne! In fact, I've never seen purple look so pretty. Love the DSP and your own hand-stamped pattern coordinates so well with it. Love it!! I love your pictures today too, it's always fun to see what's going on in someone else's garden!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty mix of patterns on your layers LeAnne!! This is pretty, I like Wisteria Wonder. Pretty flowers pictures and just look at those turkeys! We have a group of about 15 that frequent the woods at the end of our street!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card, LeAnne! Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

Cheryl Mooney said...

Gorgeous card, love Wisteria Wonder, and love your photos, too.

stampwithsandy said...

Such a gorgeous purple creation, LeAnne! I love the awesome mix of patterns. Love your great nature photos, too. I can't imagine turkeys roaming in my yard!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, I am a big fan of Wisteria Wonder. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!! I love all the layers and the pretty paper you used. Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper.

Dena Rekow said...

LeAnn, I love your card and your colors--so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper this week!