Saturday, September 17, 2016

SR346 and MM213


Happy Saturday, peeps!  A couple cards today!  The first one was a happy coincidence; I'd had this cardinal image already cut out and assembled a few weeks ago after I received the stamp from my friend Martha, but I never finished into a card!  When I saw the inspiration photo at Merry Monday:


I thought I would complete the card, using the red and white colors as my inspiration!  So here we go:


The cardinal image was stamped in Real Red ink on white cardstock, then stamped again so the cardinal could be fussy-cut and popped up:


I had a red card base already cut and scored in my stash; I pulled out a piece of white cardstock that I had embossed a looooong time ago when my friend Carol lent me her embossing folder; I put it all together and added a little sentiment from Good Greetings, just masking off the "& joy" portion of the "peace & joy" and punching it out with a small oval punch.   Piece of cake!  

My next one is really simple...one layer, and I used the August Paper Pumpkin stamp called Bold Botanicals!  I have had this for a month and hadn't even opened it up yet, but when I saw this image, I squealed with delight!  I don't know why, just being able to stamp something in all four corners to create this delightful design just made me happy!


I was only sort of experimenting on this card, and it came out so nicely, I just went ahead and finished it!  It didn't hang around on my desk for long at all!  The design was stamped in Early Espresso ink on Naturals White cardstock, then I used my blender pen and some fall colors of Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Delightful Dijon, Old Olive and Pear Pizazz inks to loosely color it in:


A simple thank you from Endless Thanks, stamped in Cajun Craze, fit the inside perfectly! Such a pretty design!  And nary an embellishment in sight!    And there are a couple of other similar images in the set; I used one to stamp on the back of my envelope, because this little sweetie is already in the mail!


I am entering this one in the Stampin Royalty challenge this week, which is a fall theme!

A vision in blue...an old Bilco door and my color-coordinated DGD!



Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

mudmaven said...

WOW - the PP card is totally awesome. I have not yet opened my kit yet and cannot wait to get home now. We should be leaving MA in a couple of days and then it's home for a couple of months before the next adventure begins aboard Belmira. MA has been lovely - food is great and family time is totally wonderful. Saw a pix you posted of baby Cassidy on FB and fell in love all over again - what a sweetie! ~chris

Marcia Hill said...

Love your red & white cardinal card...SOOO pretty LeAnne! And your Autumn card is lovely as well...two beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Mondays! :0)

Bonnie said...

A beautiful CAS card, my friend! Love that red square and popped up cardinal! And I see why you got excited to see the corner stamp! How pretty! Love Cassidy's leggings!

AlisonC said...

The red on your Christmas card really pops against the white, fab layout. I love that stamp on the Autumn card, so simple but so pretty. I can see it being used again and again.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful Christmas card and sweet photos of Cassidy! But OH MY GOODNESS do I LOVE the thank ou card!!!

Carrie Rhoades said...

I love your used of the Bold Botanicals stamps on this card, it did turn out so good! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty, I love your creations!