Monday, September 5, 2016

The Challenge 76 Basket of Wishes


Hi everyone! Happy Labor Day to those in the States! I had a quiet Sunday and did a little stamping and watercoloring with SU's new Basket of Wishes and the sketch from Lesley's The Challenge:


This card features a side fold, only because I already had a piece of Crumb Cake folded this way and I was too lazy to cut another one!  I stamped my image in Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock and used inks and an aquapainter to color it in:



I just love fall images, don't you?  And these are very easy to line up as they are photopolymer!  I used a pretty piece of Moroccan DSP for my horizontal piece and stamped the sentiment in Cajun Craze!  Easy peasy!  I stamped the pumpkins on the back of the Crumb Cake envelope too, just for a little extra pizzazz!  Thanks for popping in today!

We were finally able to have a little get-together for Cassidy and the cousins and neighbor children.  After slip-n-sliding, swimming in the kiddie pool, riding bikes and cavorting on the swings, someone got the great idea of chasing butterflies with a net, which then turned into chasing each other!  I love their imaginations!



Needless to say, they ALL slept very well that night!  Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this sweet Fall card LeAnne - beautifully simple and expertly coloured, those pumpkins look so inviting! The party looks like fun too!

I Card Everyone said...

Those kids are having as much fun as you did coloring this darling basket of fall offerings, LeAnne! So wonderful!
=]

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card.
Love the fun photos of the kids having fun.

Lesley said...

What beautiful watercolouring, LeAnne! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely and warm Leanne, very nice!! If only we could bottle the energy of the kids!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic fall card Leanne, I love the wonderful autumn colours. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love the simplicity of this, LeAnne and love how you watercolored the image- beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Nance said...

Gorgeous card, Leanne! Beautiful coloring too! Thanks for playing The Challenge!