Sunday, September 4, 2016

Paper Players 311 Birthday Balloons


Happy Sunday, all!  If you're on the east coast, I pray that the hurricane hasn't affected you too much!  Jaydee is our hostess today at the Paper Players and she has a fun challenge:


I remember being SO excited the first time I purchased some circle dies.....it opened up a whole new creative world!  But since my mojo has been hiding lately, instead of the circular card I wanted to make, I opted to use this new balloon die my friend Martha gave me a wee bit ago.  I am not quite sure what I was thinking when I chose this color combination of Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral and Flirty Flamingo, but I guess I thought it would look pretty together.....not too sure about it though.  But here it is:


I used the sketch from this week's Match the Sketch as a starting point:


I used a Very Vanilla card base, with Playful Palette and By the Shore DSPs; the balloons were cut from Calypso Coral, and the sentiment from the hostess set Time of Year was stamped with Basic Black and fussy-cut.  My horizontal panel is Flirty Flamingo and it is stamped with a little border from Christmas Pines...so many fun things in that set!  The "wishes" is from a stamp set from The Paper Studio.  I added some black ribbon and a few black sequins:


I hope that you'll play along with our circle challenge this week!  I am looking forward to seeing some fun creations!  Check out what the DT made as well:

A little coloring time with Grampy:


Enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great die LeAnne - I love the way the circle keeps the balloons together. I think your colours work - the black accents do a great job of bringing the whole thing together. Love the circles on your dsp too. Lovely!

Fanny said...

Ui…die ist ja mal schick geworden, gefällt mir! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch und viel Glück bei der Challenge! Liebe Grüße, Fanny

Kampin' Karen said...

That die is cool. I understand what you mean by "you're not sure". I think what throws me off is the top DSP...color and design. However, art is art and you did a great job meeting the challenge. I had the same feeling about the card I made yesterday...I'm not sure about it. You can check it out on my blog. Also, remember when I said we were going to do the Bokeh technique in our group and you wanted to see it? It's on my blog too. Let me know what you think. Hope Cassidy had a great return to school. I like her new "do". karenscardcorner.blogspot.com

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love that die cut! And I love your mix of colors and patterns! Pretty card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Now, don't pass out LeAnn, when you see that I'm actually commenting on a card after all this time has passed;)
I really like this card and I think the black grounds it all. I love that you do try different colour combos. I personally have a very hard time with anything in the orange family. I love this balloon die.
By the way, I love Cassidy's new "DO". She look adorable in it. I can't believe she's in grade 1 already. I hope she has enjoyed her first few days.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, you might be unsure of this card... but I am certainly not! I love the colors, I love the repetition of circles and I love those balloons in the circle. the touches of black are the perfect way to make the other colors pop. Fabulous card and thank you for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

I love this color combination LeAnne !! that die is great. I can't get over how much Cassidy has grown since the last time I stopped by :( and she is starting 1st grade - goodness, where does the time go.

Dawn Tidd said...

LeAnne, this is adorable. I love that balloon die, it's perfect for the sketch. The dots on the DSP and the sequins are such cute additions. Great card! Looks like Cassidy is coloring circles around grumpy too! :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is a prety card and the colors blend together well. The die is unique. This is the sweetest picture of Grampy and Cassidy. How great that he will sit down and color with her. She is growing up so fast.

Lisa Elton said...

I like those balloons in the circle, this is such a cute card!! The thin black borders really make this pop! Cute photo of grammy and Cassidy ;)

Nance Leedy said...

I love this color combination--bright and fun! The black ties it all together and makes the other colors pop. What a fun balloon die too.

laurie said...

What an awesome balloon die! So perfect for the challenge,too. I love that color combo...it really works well!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this mix of colors and patterns makes me smile! That balloon die is so fun! The black is the perfect way to make this card pop!
Loved seeing Cassidy and Grampy coloring! So sweet! XX

stampwithsandy said...

What a fun card! I love that fabulous balloon die cut, and it was perfect for this challenge! Cassidy is one lucky girl to have such a loving Grammie and Grampie :)