Friday, September 16, 2016

TO66, RRCB47 and PPA318 Charmed Fall


Happy Friday, all!  I have a busy weekend coming up, so this will be short & sweet!  My card today is for three challenges:  the RetroRubber Anything Goes challenge; the Time Out photo inspiration challenge, and the Pals Paper Arts sketch!

            ppa-318-sep15

RRCB 47

I bought this "gently used" Close to My Heart stamp a couple years ago; it's called Backdrop-Charmed Holidays.  For the life of me, even after searching on the internet, I cannot find it's age, but I know it's at least two or three years old!  I inked it up with Calypso Coral ink, then added some other orange and gold shades with sponge daubers and stamped it on some woodgrain paper from Echo Park called Fall is in the Air.  I just love this paper...you'll see more of it in the future!


I stamped the sentiment from the same set on the same paper, but with the woodgrain going crosswise, and mounted it on a Cajun Craze square, then added a scalloped layer diecut with the Layering Squaes die.  I added a banner (same DSP line) that I embossed with a Darice Fall Leaves EF; since the white core showed through the lighter paper, I daubered it with some Cajun Craze ink.  I added some baker's twine to the top of my sentiment for a little embellishment.  I also stamped my Crumb Cake card base with an image from Gorgeous Grunge to follow through on the woodgrain look.


 I just love this beautiful fall image!  Thanks for popping by today!

A little snack on the patio while it's still warm....fresh raspberries!  Cassidy told me her favorite way to eat them is to stick them on her fingers!  Don't you know, she ate the entire container!

 


Have a blessed day!

25 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love that background.......Beautifulky stamped! And this card is so perfectly fall!

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I can't wait for it to get cooler where I live.

Valerie said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!

jengd said...

I can see why you went after that set! It's gorgeous as is what you did with it. No getting Cassidy and Liam together- they might duke it out over who gets the raspberries... if I don't snag 'em first. ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Autumn card LeAnne! Love the beautiful fall foliage and the embossed detail! Such sweet photos :) TFS and thanks for the inspiration!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous rich colours, LeAnne ... lovely layers, fabulous texture and delicious depth ... such a wonderful autumn card! Sweet photo's too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Neva Cole said...

What a wonderful fall card! The stamping choices, texture withing the sketch design and twine bow are stunning! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, what a beautiful card!! I like the fancy pumpkins and the sentiment tag. The woodgrain paper is wonderful! I'll bet raspberries always taste better when you eat them that way!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

Nonni said...

This is super beautiful! I lovet the rustic look, all the natural shades of color, the woodgrain paper... Stunning card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Jane Knudsen said...

Stunning! I would have sworn these were all papers and not just stamped paper! I love the card base paper and how you made your sentiment look like a sign! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Brent Scheffer said...

The vintage Fall mystique of the colors and details really pop! Awesome!

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful! I love the vintage vibe and the wood grain. Well Done! Thanks for playing along with us this week at PPA.

lauren bergold said...

hehehe... i could eat a whole container of raspberries, too, cassidy!!! :) :) :)

sorry, i got a little distracted, this is what happens if you let your GORGEOUS card share a post with an even more lovely little lady! it is a STUNNER of a fall card, tho... beautiful stamping, amazing texture and a fab take on all the different challenges! lovely contribution to the "retro rubber" gallery this week! <3

Claire Grantham said...

I love Raspberries too :) I love your card, it's superb, all the details and the beautiful Autumnal colours. Thanks for playing with us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous Autumn card LeAnne, I love that beautiful paper you stamped this pumpkins on, it's just perfect for this lovely images, love the way you framed your sentiment, great idea of adding the embossed strip and twine bow.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER this week, hope you come back again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Your PPA card is gorgeous! Love the way the color is applied and those pretty pumpkins.

Susan Itell said...

Just stunning - I am soooo ready for fall and if I received this card, I do not think I would get one thing accomplished....as I would just stare and smile! Super card!

Dena J said...

What a gorgeous card in every way! All the rich colors and textures.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning. Great job pulling all of the elements together!

Christine Traversa said...

This card is stunning! Love everything about it! Soooo inspiring! Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge!

Katy McGloin said...

LeAnne, this card is superb! Love the textures and the sentiment panel! Well done. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Always enjoy seeing you in our gallery!!

creative lady said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber.

Shona Chambers said...

First of all I love the name Cassidy and her smile is gorgeous!! Your card couldn't be more perfect for Autumn and our challenge, I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Really beautiful stamping and design! Hugs, Autumn