Thursday, September 15, 2016

CTD410 and FMS254 Thanks


Happy Thursday, peeps!  A very quick card today, although it took me an agonizingly long time to make this card....I must have added/deleted/changed the elements ten times or more!  Finally I said "THAT'S IT!"....and here we go:


I used the floral, dragonfly and lace images from Touches of Textures, stamped in Peekaboo Peach and Pool Party, and although it's hard to see, I stamped the textured image on some Pool Party cardstock and hand-cut some leaves:


My background was stamped with the speckles from Swirly Bird in Pool Party ink and the DSP is from A Little Foxy.  I created my sentiment with Labeler Alphabet and some Basic Gray ink.  I added a couple candy dots and some silver trim as an afterthought!  My sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches, and the colors are from Color Throwdown


Thanks for peeking in today!  And here's what I was peeking at while at the bus stop today....she's still learning all those early words, but she's working hard at it!  This is Dr Seuss's "What Pet Should I Get?"  It has a wee bit of a surprise ending, so it is great for starting a dialogue about how she would end the story!


Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

mudmaven said...

Love this card and what a great color combination. Great suggestion on the book too. Will have to try that out with my youngest. ~chris

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love how you combined the colors and the sketch challenges.

Lisa Elton said...

I knew this was for FMS LeAnne, you nailed it and I love the elements you used!! Sweet photo of Cassidy! Penelope is learning new words everyday now. It's so sweet to hear her pronunciation of them too! Red is ed, blue is boo, fish is beesh...so dang cute!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a beautiful CAS design! You'd never know you agonized with it...each element is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow,this is wonderful! Love the colors and love,that sweet pic of Miss C!

Jen Timko said...

Now I would never know that you had to fuss with this because everything looks perfectly placed to me. What a pretty card! Love this picture of your little reader.

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card... Great design!! She's sweet !! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card LeAnne! I love all the different elements you've used! That orange flower stands out so nicely! I can't believe how big Cassidy is now! I hope she learns to love to read (unlike my boys...!). Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, I don't know what the other ten arrangements looked like but this one gets an A+. I love your interpretation of the sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I agree with Jen! This card is perfect with perfect placement of all of those elements! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!