Thursday, September 8, 2016

FMS252 Thinking of You


Happy Thursday, peeps!  I seem to be drawn to unusual color combos this week, not sure what's going on!  When I saw the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


I just knew I wanted to use some of the pretty papers from Floral Boutique and a die from Swirly Scribbles....but I just couldn't make it work with any of the blue hues I was searching for.  So I went in a totally opposite direction and chose a white diecut on top of a Melon Mambo circle on which I stamped one of the Swirly Bird images in Craft White:


I added some Wild Wasabi leaves, and a little strip of Melon Mambo, stamped in white with a grid from Timeless Textures....and a couple of sequins for fun:


My final addition was a little sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Night of Navy.  A little unusual, but I think it is cheerful and I hope the recipient will like it!

Cassidy asked me for some vegetable seeds because she wanted to plant something in the garden...and John just happened to be ready to plant some fall spinach, so off they went:




Hopefully we'll have a nice row of spinach in a few weeks!  Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this color combo, LeAnne! The Melon Mambo just pops on the blue, which is gorgeous! This is such a sweet card! Teeny Tiny Wishes still comes in handy! I had it out this week. Cassidy loves to help! Do the rabbits or deer bother your garden?

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love this! Great colors together! Can't believe you have time to plant another round!

I Card Everyone said...

I've given myself a well-earned bit of time to visit this morning ... LeAnne!!! This is SO beautiful! LOve the patterned paper - and your bloom just, well BLOOMS!!! xx
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Well, this worked! Love it.

Denise Willerton said...

love love love it LeAnne :-) ~ but you know I love everything you create ~ school girl Cassidy, when did that happen ~ our grandsons are off to school as well and I can't believe how fast this has crept upon us ~ have a blessed day!

stampwithsandy said...

Oooh LeAnne I love this! Great color combo, and great take on the sketch! I wish had a place to plant some veggies, too :)

Lorraine said...

You took that simple sketch and made it something fabulous. Love those colors! Good luck with the spinach too.

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the sketch, this is a pretty card LeAnne! Love seeing Cassidy help grampy plant the Popeye food!!

Colleen Begley said...

Great card, LeAnne. Love these pretty and bright colors that make the images shine.

Jen Brum said...

What a wonderful card LeAnne! I totally love your unusual colour combination! Love that pink flower and the beautiful blue background flowers! So pretty!

A splash of color said...

Great card.. and what a good little gardener you have there. Yumm

Kim S said...

What a cute layered flower!! (And an even cuter gardener!) Love the detail behind the white die cut - and the colors are so fresh and fun. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.