Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who's a Big Shot?


I have been playing around with my new Big Shot and SU's Texturz Plates. I wanted to have some samples for my stamp clubs to look at, so I decided to start with some Mother's & Father's Day cards. My first card uses the Eyelet plate, embossed on the pink DP from Candy Lane:
Here's a closeup first:















And here's the card:


The sentiment is stamped in Baja Blue on vellum cardstock and layered over a piece of Whisper White, then embellished with some of SU's new satin ribbon! It is so incredibly soft and smooth! I finished it with some felt flowers and filigree brad. I think the next time, I will emboss the sentiment....it is not as clear as I'd like it to be.













For my Father's Day card, I used the Harlequin Texturz plate along with the saw from Totally Tool. This was a fun card to make, and my DH was totally entranced by the fact that it was embossed, there was a big grommet (his word) on it, and that the sentiment was stamped in two colors!!! Doesn't take much, does it?!!!LOL!

The embossing really does add an interesting touch to your cards, and I am looking forward to playing some more! This also will be for the Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge, which is to use your Big Shot!



  • Stamps: Holidays & More, Totally Tool
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Confetti White, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Candy Lane DP
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Stazon Black, Bordering Blue
  • Acc: Big Shot, Texturz Plates Eyelet & Harlequin, Markers, Crop-a-dile, Jumbo Eyelets, White Satin Ribbon, Gingham Ribbon, Felt Flowers Two, Filigree Brads, 1/16" Punch

16 comments:

Renee said...

LeAnne it looks like you've been so busy since I've been gone! Your cards are adorable including the Easter basket and candy! One of my favs is the cute litte dress!!! So darn cute!

BTW I missed seeing your blog everyday (son had no tv or internet)

Carol L said...

Such awesome creations, LeAnne! I love your blog so much, I am now a follower of yours! You make the coolest things!

Carol L said...

Wow, I just LOVE your mother's day card! It's so soft and feminine, a perfect match for any Mom!
Carol

Denise Marzec said...

These are both great, but I especially love the softness of that mother's day card. So beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

Great cards! I haven't touched my vellum in while...it looks so pretty! I like how it softens the sentiment. The father's day card is great too. The bold colors and hardware are perfect!

Juanita said...

I love both of these, they are quite different, but both have a little 'umph' that is so impressive.

Janine said...

These are both so nice LeAnne!!
Hope you are doing well!

DoxieGirl said...

Oh! I love the depth you got on the texture plates - I've been hesitant to get them since they don't go very "heavy". I really like the soft look that you've created here though! :)
~Kendra
P.S. Are you sure you aren't a Diva in hiding? :)

Barbara said...

Both cards are perfect, LeAnne!!! Love the embossing on both of them, but especially the Mother's Day card. Sweet!

Tammy said...

Both cards are great!! I really love the softness of the Mother's Day card!! Great job!!

Carol (HB) said...

Your creations are FABULOUS! I've really enjoyed walking through your past posts - beautiful stuff here!!!

Ilse Vargas said...

Very nice cards!... as always :)
Greetings.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

You are SO ahead of the game -- these are gorgeous!!! Love them both!!!

Adventures in Abundance said...

Beautiful cards!

Ann said...

These are both wonderful! I love the softness of the mom card, and the colors on the dad card are fab!

Kristin Moore said...

Look at you go with your Mother's and Father's day cards! So glad you showed the close-up of the texture on the Mother's Day card- it looks wonderful!