Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Acetate Cards

DSCF3857

Last night my stamp club met and we made a simple card using the clear window (acetate) sheets available in the Occasions mini catalog.  Everybody says and now I know too, how difficult it is to photograph clear acetate!  So I apologize for these photos; just let me say that the finished product is much nicer than is represented here!

DSCF3860

This particular card above uses Pacific Point textured cardstock; the image and sentiment were stamped with white Stazon ink.  It makes a nice clear impression and dries very quickly.  Some new SU satin ribbon (also in the Occasions mini) adds a simple but elegant finishing touch!  Nothing like getting a head start on Christmas cards!  This is also for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge, which is also to use acetate!

A couple side notes:  my CTD friend Barbara Anders has made it to round six of the MFT Idol competition!  You can see her creation here and vote here!  Go Barbara!

Also, Debbie has some incredible blog candy she is giving away!  My goodness!  You can check out here blog here!  You can't win if you don't try!

  • Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Hugs & Wishes
  • Paper:  Acetate, Pacific Point Textured
  • Ink:  White Stazon
  • Acc:  Satin Ribbon

11 comments:

Beth said...

Leanne these are wonderful Christmas cards! I love that set and the acetate is a neat touch! TFS

Denise Marzec said...

Oh heck yeah, it's definitely hard to photograph acetate. Love the white ribbon against all the blue!

Lynnette said...

Beautiful cards and way to get a head start on the Christmas cards.

I've left something at my blog for you. Please stop over when you have a chance.

Juanita said...

Fabulous. I was going to do acetate cards for Christmas last year. Then I ended up making so many other neat ones, that I dropped the original idea.
Your card is superb If it looks better IRL, it must be stunning.

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great cards, I love the white/silver with the blue color combination.

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne - as always. I've been a bit afraid of stamping on clear cardstock but I might just have to give it a try - yours is just so pretty! ~chris

Carol L said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous!! Every time I see a card made with this set, I kick myself again for not buying it yet! Love the blues and that buttery ribbon together!
Carol

Stamp and Smile said...

Awesome stamp club card LeAnne!! I love the look of acetate... and look you have 2 cards ready for Christmas!! Whoo, Hoo! TFS! :)

Lorelie Kim said...

So beautiful and elegant!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love these cards Leann. Perfect for stamp clubs - guess what we'll be making next month! TFS.

Deanna said...

So pretty, you did an awesome job!