Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter at Full Speed

DSCF3707

I finally sat down today and had a couple hours to stamp some Easter cards.  Luckily, Kim Hughes came to my rescue!  I just got her adorable Sweet Spring set from Ellen Hutson's store; the images are big and bold enough to stand on their own, and I managed to make 14 cards--they varied from CAS to a little more stepped-up, all in just a short time!

DSCF3722

My first batch of six used the egg image, stamped on SU's Prints DP.  The bow looks paper-pieced, but it is actually colored in with markers!  I added a simple scalloped border with my MS punch.

DSCF3713

My next batch was a set of no-layer cards (no pun intended!!).  If you could see these close up, you would realize that I am terrible at coloring in images and am desperately wanting some Copics---soon, perhaps!  But aren't these little chickies cute? 

Finally, my stepped-up version was the final batch:

DSCF3708

DSCF3705 I am just in love with this little lamb!  A little hill of retired Holiday Treasures DP, some ribbon and a button, and it is complete! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also made a little bag topper with my new Nestie label die:

DSCF3715

This will go into a big box of goodies I am sending to my niece and nephew.  Hopefully, my sister will restrain herself before the kids get home from school!  I sent plenty, so they all should have enough sugar to last them for quite a while.  And while we're talking candy here, I have to share with you what my friend Mary Anne made:

DSCF3716
Yes, it looks like a deviled egg......but it's CANDY!!!!

Isn't that amazing?!  I wish I could see the look on their faces when they open these up!

Thanks for visiting, if you have any questions, shoot me an email.  I apologize for being lazy and taking pix on my messy desk, but next week will be a little less hectic! 

19 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!!! Those are some of the sweetest cards I've seen in a while. They are absolutely adorable. I love those stamps.
Cute~ Cute~ Cute~

Juanita said...

This is all so fabulous! I would love to know how to make the candy deviled egg!

Beth said...

Looks like you'll be ready for Easter! Great cards and candy...Mmmm :) tfs

Michele Kovack said...

ALLLLLL of these are ADORABLE!!!! That candy looks so much like a devil egg! Did you make it?

Jetstudio Designs said...

All of your Easter cards are super cute! I love the simplicity of them :)

The bag topper is super cute too!!

Kim Evans said...

You're right! This little lamb is so sweet :-) I love all of your cards, but the lamb just steals my heart. He is so adorable!!! TFS!
Kim

Janine said...

LeAnne... Your Easter cards are fabulous... I love that Kim Hughes set...
Hope you have a blessed Easter!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow girl, your cards are fantastic! Especially the lamb...oh my, on the houndstooth hill?! SOOOOO cute! Dang that's clever!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, these cards are THE cutest...and check out that cool deviled egg candy!! Awesome!

mudmaven said...

Great cards! You never cease to amaze me with your wonderfully creative creations! ~chris

Anonymous said...

Yummo, the candy looks OMGosh, so good! I love all that you made with the CHF stamps! I was eyeing that up myself but never acted on it. All is so cute, Leanne! Nice job!
Have a great day!
Wendy

LaurieF said...

Oh LeAnne!!!! How cute are these Easter cards! I think I need those images. LOL!

Stamp and Smile said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Just fabulous colors, CAS's and the "step-up" card is SO SWEET! And the ege does look so real... fun! TFS and SMiles... :)

Charlette said...

Leanne,
Ok fork over the recipe for the deviled egg candy! You had to know all of us would love to have the recipe. Georgette will be making them! Love the Easter cards! So glad I am not the last person to make Easter Cards. Have a nice Easter.

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne - all of these cards are gorgeous!!! WOW - you really got crackin' on your Easter card/projects...LOL!!! I love them all :)

Thank you for playing the OCCC!!!
Hugs ~Silke~

Christi Flores said...

Wow! Everything is fab!!!

Broni said...

These are all so adorable, LeAnne! I especially love the little sheep on the kraft cs with the checkered hill. Darling!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!!!!! This is one set I've managed to keep out of my pocketbook but this may change all that!! :)

Barbara said...

LOVE all the Easter cards!!! You were turnin' them out, girl!! Too, too, cute, all of them!