Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stacey's Jewelery Inspiration #33

DSCF3879

I have been wanting to do Stacey's Jewelry Inspiration challenge for a long time, but the week always got away from me---and almost did this week, too!   Isn't this pretty?

Stacey's #33 swatch

Stacey's #33

Here's what Stacey says: "The talented and creative, 3Fun, made this multi strand necklace called Tears of the Phoenix. The multi strand necklace was made of pure soft 100% Merino wool using the wet and needle felting techniques. Go check out 3Fun's etsy shop...she has some fabulous felt jewelry creations!"  So here is my (lame) creation:

DSCF3877

I almost didn't post it; as much as I like the color Blush Blossom, whenever I go to actually use it, it just doesn't click for me.  The sentiment from Flight of the Butterfly is stamped in Real Red ink, but it photographed pink....I was just too lazy to re-photo it in better light!  I used various retired DPs for the flowers, cutting them with the Birds & Blooms diecuts; there is MS citron glitter on the centers and a little bling on the Real Red butterfly, which is two hearts from the 3-heart punch.  Yellow twill from Taylored Expressions finishes it off.   I think the beautiful summer-like weather we had today just has floated my stampin' desire right out the window!  Tomorrow we are going to get the boat "ship-shape", so no posting for me!  Have a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

Juanita said...

I for one really like this card. You are always free to send it to me!

Stacey Schafer said...

all the little details of your card are amazing...the 2-heart butterfly, piercing, and big shot blooms are a perfect combo for the inspiration:) thanks for playing in the JCI33, Leanne:)

mudmaven said...

I really like this card! I think it all works perfectly. DH will be doing the "ship-shape" thing today. I get out of it as my knee is still not up to snuff! We're hoping to have it ready to launch by next weekend. Have fun! ~chris

Caryl P said...

This card is beautiful! I love how you paper piercd not only the butterfly's flight but also the flower stems. Great idea!

Carol (HB) said...

oooo' I like this! Especially the swirly sentiment on the botton (why don't I think of things like that?) Super Cute LeAnne!

Elizabeth said...

Really pretty card! I love the colors and blush blossom looks great on this!

Stamp and Smile said...

To fun! "Lame"... I say NOT! I used Blush Blossom over the weekend and it challenges me when I use it... LOL! (Will be posting it this coming week!) Super FUN time at the retreat, and it goes so FAST. I better get a post started... enjoy the nice weather!! TFS... :)

Kay said...

Lame, my butt! This is GREAT! When I first saw it, I loved it. The colors just pop and the pierced stems are a special touch. My mailbox would be doing the happy dance! I love to work with bright cheery colors anyway, especially at this time of the year. Boating, huh? Enjoy!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

you are so creative! I just love checking up on what you've come up with every week! jessi

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a terrific garden scene you created! You did a great job with the color combo. I also have a very hard time using blush blossom which is why I rarely do.

Tracy said...

Love this card, its so pretty

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica