Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mojo Owl

DSCF3780-1

I got some new stamps from My Cute Stamps--a little different style for me, but I had seen some cute things done with them, so I thought I would "branch out"!  I used this week's Mojo Monday 82 sketch--what do you think:

DSCF3781

Here's the sketch:

Mojo82Sketch I used some wonderful BG Marrakesh paper--aren't the colors so intense?  My card base is Tangerine Tango and I used a retired SU punch to make the bottom border.  Mr Owl is colored in with markers and matted on a piece of Pumpkin Pie.  This image is from Little Forest Friends, and the sentiment is MFT's Essential Sentiments.  Twill is from Taylored Expressions!

I also threw this little number together; the images and sentiment are again from Little Forest Friends.  They are colored with markers and mounted on PTI's Bitty Dots Basics and a Basic Black scalloped square.  Again, twill is from  Taylored Expressions.  DSCF3785

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for visiting today, and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown challenge!

15 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are SUPER cute!!!!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Great cards LeAnne - just love the cute little owl and the colours are so stunning on that card.
Great job with the challenge!

I like your little mushrooms on the second card - great design idea on this card too.

Kim Evans said...

These stamps are really cute! I love the owl and the mushrooms. hmmm....another stamp company to check out? You're killing me! LOL!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Both cards are super cute...I love the bright colors on the owl card.

Janine said...

Hi LeAnne!! What a cute owl!! I love the colors you used.

Anonymous said...

Hi LeAnne!! These are both really stunning creations!! :) TFS!

Beth said...

A very cute little owl! Love the striped bg paper and border punch you used :)

Rose said...

Oh LeAnne! Love the Owl card and the mushrooms card - so cute!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, the mojo card is so bright and fun and the mushrooms are adorable. Love the layout on that second card. Taylor's shimmery twill is SOO pretty!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, these are fantastic! The owl card is adorable, but the mushrooms are my fav!!! I love how you stacked the sentiment in three different colors. Awesome!!

mudmaven said...

I absolutely love both of these cards. The intense colors on the first and the playfulness of the second. Great job! ~chris

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable! I LOVE owls, and the first card is too cute! Love that paper! And the 2nd one - so sweet!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment so I could come and visit yours!

Carol L said...

Ahhh, you've been a busy bee lately I see! I LOVE the colors on your MoJo card, wow, they're so vibrant and exciting! Love the musrooms on the 2nd card too - I love the layout of that one!
Carol

Unknown said...

What lovely and fun cards! I love the colour combination of Mr Owl's card, and the wee tag "Hello" matches him very well! The mushrooms card's three different colored 'for you' captions are so cute!!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet cards! The owl is just adorable and love the colors! I hope to get to this sketch this week!