Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Color Throwdown #37

CTD37 banner

Hi everyone!  It's my turn to do the challenge this week and I chose some nice soft colors:  Sage Shadow, Pink Pirouette and Cameo Coral! 

CTD37 swatch

These colors really evoke the feeling of spring to me!  I hope you'll be inspired to create some spring-like confections, too.  If you don't have those exact colors, use something close.  Post your creation on your blog and link it to Mr. Linky on our Color Throwdown blog, using the exact address of the post (not just of your blog) so we can find your card quickly!  If you don't have a blog, feel free to post it on an online gallery using the keyword "CTD37".  Have fun!  And don't forget that you could be chosen as the Featured Stamper!!  So here's my submission for this week:

DSCF3723

When I first saw these cards by Christine at ChristineCreations, I literally squealed with delight!  I just KNEW I would be making one very soon--and in my search for some DP with my CTD colors, I found a plaid  that I thought would be perfect for this little dress.  Although the green is not technically Sage Shadow, I cheated a little and used it anyway!  (The colors really look odd in this photo--in real life, they don't look this bad!!!!)  I didn't realize how closely I CASE'd Christine's cards until I went back to look at them!  Eeek!  Oh, well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!  Honestly, I just kept adding embellishments until it looked the way I wanted!!!  And guess what--there's NO stamping, except for the inside!!!

The pattern is available from PaperCrafts magazine here.  I actually made mine a little different, kind of like a jumper.  I added a vellum apron that I embossed in my CB with a Swiss Dots folder.  I made a little pocket, too, for the little flower.  Why don't you try this easy card?  There are endless possibilities!  A tip for cutting out cards using a pattern:  print the pattern on regular printer paper; trim the pattern down and lay it on your cardstock; secure it with some paperclips.  Cut around the lines, moving the paperclips as necessary.  Easy!  No tracing, no trying to print the cardstock in your printer.  Here's a couple closeups:

DSCF3725 DSCF3726

 

DSCF3728

 

The inside sentiment.

 

 

 

Now let's take a peek at what the other designers came up with for this week:

All products by Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted:

  • Stamps:  Hugs & Wishes
  • Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, K-ology Hannah Cards by K&Co, Vellum Cardstock, Garden Green
  • Ink:  Cameo Coral
  • Acc:  CB Swiss Dots folder, CB, MS Eyelet Punch,  Eyelet Border Punch,  Scallop Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Felt Fusion Flowers Two, Paper Piercing Tool, White Gel Pen, Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearls from ancestry

And don't forget!  Our very own Barbara is still in the running for the MFT Idol Top 7!  Woohoo! You can check out her submission and vote HERE!

30 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Oh my goodness, this is cuter than cute LeAnne! Love all the gorgeous details, especially the pocket with the felt flower. Really sweet. Inky wishes, Di :)

Lynnette said...

This is so adorable. TFS!

Cathy Rulli said...

How cute!!! I've got to try this!!! tfs

Ilse Vargas said...

It's very nice! Greetings.

Jetstudio Designs said...

Wow, what a super cute card...this would be perfect for a little girls birthday. The color combo is also very pretty this week.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the midst of putting my stamping clutter up and away so that I can see the floor again, then I see what you made and have to tell myself "Well, SHE has ROOM to call her own", then I cry. That dress is unbelievable!!

Jennifer Corson said...

Leanne...

I love this!!! So pretty!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

This is the cutest! So many sweet details to look at.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful LeAnne!! I love your clever design!! :) TFS!

Darlene said...

This is amazing LeAnne! How cute!! Thanks for all the links ... I'll have to give this a try when I have more time .. so adorable!!!

Lynn Put said...

OMG is this ever darling!!!
You did a fabulous job creating this little dress!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely adorable! I definitely want to try one of these sometime! I love how you did the vellum with Swiss dots, too! It reminds me of some of the dresses my girls wore when they were little!

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is the sweetest!!!

Broni said...

Loved these colors together, LeAnne! And your little dress is just precious!! I have that on my list to try too!

mudmaven said...

Great card LeAnne! Love the color combo this week and that dotted swiss vellum is just the right touch! ~chris

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my goodness....look at the little flower in the pocket! Way CUTE! Thanks for the sweet mention!

Denise Marzec said...

CUUUUUUUTE!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just the sweetest card! I love all the details and the plaid is just perfect! Totally adorable!!

Beth said...

This is such a cute card Leanne! Beautiful colours too! tfs I wish I had time to play but my SIL is coming to town tomorrow for Easter so it's not likely - hopefully next time though! Happy Easter!

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh! This is gorgeous... :) Lots of fantastic details, embellies are perfect and the CB embossed vellum... Yummy!! Smiles LeAnne... :)

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne - this dress is beautiful and cute as can be!!! I really love how you made the pocket on the side :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute little dress! Your blog is amazing, I know I will really enjoy it here. So much to learn from you.

Carol L said...

I've never seen anything like this before and I'm SO impressed! That little pocket with the flower and faux stitching is over-the-top cute! Awesome and so creative! TFS!
Carol

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning LeAnne! These dress cards are darling! What a fabulous mix of colors! Well done! :D

Kim said...

Simply adorable!

Barbara said...

Love what you did with the dress!!!!

Cathrine said...

Oh My - this is so cute! Love it!

Lynn said...

Your little dress card is too cute! Love it!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

So darling, I just love it!!! I so want to try one of these sweet dresses -- it's on my LONG list -- hope I get to it -- way oto cute!!! GREAT inspiration to get me moving!!!

Mary said...

Wow! This dress card is so adorable!