Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Color Throwdown #38

throwdownbanner38

Well, Broni has chosen some neat colors this week for our 38th challenge:  Ruby Red, Basic Gray and Baja Breeze. 

throwdownswatch38

I just know there are going to be some beautiful cards made with these colors--the CTD designers knocked my socks off with their cards!  If you don't have these exact colors, just use the closest you've got.  Be sure to post your creations on your blog or online gallery and link them back to Mr Linky on the CTD blog.  (Make sure you use your exact post address when linking!)  Use the keyword "CTD38" if you use a gallery.  I can hardly wait to see what's coming!

I hadn't done a vintage card for a while, and I am trying to use some stamps that have been collecting dust on my shelf, so I pulled out Puns from the Past and that yummy new BG Marrakesh paper:

DSCF3779

I also pulled out my 1972 Singer Touch N Sew that weighs about 100 pounds, but I just couldn't make a "sewing" card without doing some actual sewing!  The patterned pieces are from BG's Marrakesh and Stella Ruby.  I sewed them onto a Basic Gray card using a couple different styles of stitches.  I thought the felt heart was a sweet addition to the sentiment, which is from PTI's Quilter's Sampler Sentiments.  An assortment of vintage buttons and some tea-dyed lace finished the outside.    Here are a couple closeups:

DSCF3774

DSCF3773

I also finished the inside so the sewing wouldn't be visible:

DSCF3776 Isn't this paper gorgeous?  I almost hoarded it and chose something plain, but it was calling me!  I added a couple strips down the left side and was tempted to sew them as well, but it was getting late!!!  I left the inside blank, as I haven't decided for what occasion I'll use this card.

 

Well, be sure to check out what the CTD designers have come up with this week!  You won't be disappointed!  And we have our Guest Designer for March featured this week too!

  • Stamps:  Puns from the Past, Quilter's Sampler Sentiments, PTI
  • Paper:  Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Marrakesh & Stella Ruby, BG
  • Ink:  Basic Gray
  • Acc:  Sewing Machine, lace, buttons, felt, Taffeta ribbon, mini glue dots, popup glue dots

20 comments:

Beth said...

Love the vintage look of your card! Fabulous colours, buttons and great stitching - I have an old Singer sewing machine too and it weighs a ton!!! lol :)

Carol L said...

what a wonderful card!! Oh my, the sewing is so great, and I love all the elements you added to create this great vintage card! My sewing machine is buried away in a closet, and that's a good place for it! LOL
Carol

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh... such FABULOUS details and the sewing was worth getting out your 100 lb. machine!! Stunning embellies LeAnne... AWESOME!! :)

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

great colors! hope to participate this week...been really sick, but on the mend! you sew too....could you be more crafty? LOL

mudmaven said...

This is just gorgeous LeAnne! I love that vintage look and you did it soooooo well. ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

Leanne! This is STUNNING!!! I love the vintage, Victorian-feel of this and all the stitching and texture you added! Fabulous card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh LeAnne, this is STUNNING, my friend!!...love EVERYTHING about it. Wow Wow WOW!!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! A lot of details and the sewing is fantastic!! This card gives me such a warm feeling, AND reminds me of the curtains I'm supposed to make for last three years.....

Lynnette said...

So Pretty! Very stunning card. I cannot wait to play with these colors!

Kathleen said...

LeAnne---this is beautiful---I HAVE to get my sewing machine fixed---LOVE the color combo and what you did with it~

Christi Flores said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love all the great embellishments...especially the button and crocheted flower! Love the vintage look-beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous in so many ways!! I LOVE IT :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne!! Just love the vintage feel with the pretty details you've put into this!! Great job with the colors!! I hope to play along!! :) TFS!

Darlene said...

L-O-V-E this card LeAnne!!! You know how much I enjoy vintage ... this is certainly right up my alley!! Love all the extra detail in this beauty ... and the stitching is PEFECT!!

Connie M. said...

This is so very pretty! I just love the vintage feel to this card!

Broni said...

Absolutely gorgeous vintage card, LeAnne!! I LOVE it!!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a great card!!!

Lynn Put said...

Wow this is such a fabulous card! I love all of the details and the saying is so great!

Barbara said...

LeAnne, I just adore this card!!! Love the vintage look--really, really pretty!