Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Sketch, Recycled

DSCF3830

Just a quick post today!  This very simple card uses Beate's Weekend Sketch, which is actually by Lori Craig, and Our Creative Corner's challenge for this week, which was to recycle something.

DSCF3829

The image on my card is from an envelope I got from a paralyzed veterans group that periodically sends me notecards, address labels, etc.  They are usually very pretty, so this time, I "dissected" the envelope and  cut out two images; I'll save the other for another card.  It is mounted on Perfect Plum and Barely Banana mats, then mounted on a Mellow Moss card that has been stamped with the grasses from Inspired by Nature.  Two little CB tags, stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Mixed Messages and secured with a Latte button, finish it off.  This will be a good card to use for someone at my church!  TFL!

15 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

This is GORGEOUS LeAnne! What a lovely way to recycle! You go girl!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

I often do this with really pretty tissue boxes and envelopes, but I haven't received anything this gorgeous! WOW!!

Caryl P said...

That envelope was just asking to be recycled! Great work LeAnn.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful image to recycle. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Tina said...

very very preety!

Beth said...

This is beautiful Leanne!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous, sooo gorgeous! love the soft colors and way to be Green!

Teresa said...

What a wonderful card. You did a great job recycling.

dpkennedy said...

Wow! This is fantastic!!

Jill Haddad said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who "recycles". My latest and greatest was the images from the back of my 2009 calendar which shows each of the 12 months invidividually. Not only are they beautiful watercolor florals - but they are "pre-matted".

This is very pretty.It looks like an Anne Bastien (sp?) rendering - and she's phenomenal!

Stamp and Smile said...

I loved making my "Going Green" card for OCC this week... And your's is such "VISUAL DELIGHT" LeAnne!! That image is sweet... I keep pieces off cards I receive by non-stampers, mail, etc. to use when I can! TFS!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous idea - LeAnne!!! Your card is gorgeous!!! Now I have to look out for *fab* looking materials in the mail - LOL!!!!

Tahnk you so much for playing the OCCC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Jill Haddad said...

Yes - Leanne - I meant Marjolein Bastin - I'm not usually so bad with names - it just wouldn't come to me. I'd love to see your crosstitch when you finish.

Juanita said...

Love this. I would not have guessed that was a recycled envie, I thought it was a digital scrapping image. Love the mats and grasses image in the background.

Lori Craig said...

Very pretty - your details (corners, sponging, colors) are all beautiful. Thanks for sharing!