Wednesday, June 30, 2021

CASC&S426 Smile

Hey there, peeps!  Wow, it's the last day of June!  That month whizzed by for sure!  My friend and I are hitting the pool this afternoon to try to stay cool, so this will be quick!  The CAS Colours and Sketches challenge has a color palette AND a sketch to use this week:


I am not sure just how clean my card is, but I did have fun creating it since these peachy hues are some of my favorites!!  Since all the colors are retired, I did use a little creative license and substituted a couple of them....I'll show you where:


My image is one of the florals from Jar of Flowers; I was going to add the jar below the image but in the end, just left it alone.  I stamped it in Sahara Sand, then colored it with Blends of Pink Pirouette, Pale Papaya, Ivory and Cajun Craze:


I added a little interest to the background by masking my image and stamping the word collage from Quiet Moments in Pink Pirouette ink, then added the "smile" from Lovely You.  I couldn't find any Tangerine Tango in my stash, so I substituted with Tangelo Twist.  I put it on a Pale Papaya card base (instead of Peach Parfait) which was embossed with Tasteful Textile embossing folder, and the banner was embossed with the Checks mini embossing folder.  I think this could be used for any number of occasions, so I left the inside blank!  Thanks for popping in today!

And since I was working with peachy hues, I thought I would share a shot of a rose that I saw at Longwood last week.  It was almost past its prime, but it was still beautiful!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Flowers, Lovely You, Quiet Meadow
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Pale Papaya, Tangelo Twist (ret)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Tangelo Twist (ret), Pink Pirouette (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Checks & Dots Embossing Folder, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Blends

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful design and coloring. That rose is gorgeous at Longwood. I wish Perry and I had gotten there. You are fortunate to live so close. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

I love all your favorite colors, LeAnne! You've found the perfectly peachy substitutes for the challenge colors, and arranged them beautifully, too!
A rose is a rose - but this peachy one steals the show!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You've arranged those colors to perfection on your pretty card, LeAnne!

Vicky Hayes said...

It may not be the most CAS card LeAnne but it's so pretty! I love the way you coloured your flowers in those soft colours, layered them over the script and popped up the sentiment. Thanks for coming to play at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Vicky x

Linda Callahan said...

That Papaya is a lovely color! Gorgeous card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love those pretty flowers LeAnne and this is a good reminder that they can be used without the jar too. Maybe not super CAS, but a great card nonetheless. I love that peachy rose too! Thanks for sharing over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Beautiful Card! Having fun is 90% of the creative process, CAS is tough with a sketch like this one - but I love the texture and the how you used the colors. Well done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CC&S.

Holly's Handmade Card said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flowers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So beautiful! The layered stamping is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at CC&S:)