Monday, June 28, 2021

Fun with Scraps

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I spent a lot of time in my craft room yesterday as it was sweltering hot outside and I needed to make a bunch of cards!  No challenges, but I was able to use up some scraps that had been collecting on my desk!  Here we go:


Both these cards use pieces of Sweet Symmetry...such pretty papers!  I trimmed pieces to 1 1/8" x 3 1/4" and they fit perfectly on this Scalloped Contour diecut.  I added a sentiment from Sunny Sentiments and a few "Ritz cracker" flowers from Pierced Blooms:


I had a few more smaller pieces of the same cardstock, so I trimmed them down and added a Scalloped Contour "frame":


I diecut three "friend" pieces from Night of Navy using the Well-Written die, adhered them together and added some Shimmery Crystal Effects and a rhinestone for pizzazz:



You also might be able to see embossed polka dots on the base of the card; I used the Dots embossing folder from Checks & Dots; it's a smaller EF so it only embosses a partial section of the card, but I was able to re-position it to emboss the rest of the card, and it worked perfectly!  Thanks for popping in today!

My bird feeders are in my flower bed, so they're rather messy, LOL!  But there is an upside:


This particular plant has about 35 buds on it....I can't wait to see them all in the bloom!  Plus the finches love the seeds once they mature!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."  Psalm 64:3-4
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sunny Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo, Night of Navy, Bumblebee, Sweet Symmetry DSP
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Noble Peacock Rhinestones (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Pierced Blooms Dies, Scalloped Contours Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies,  Checks & Dots Embossing Folder, Well-Written Dies (ret)

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness I couldn't love this more, LeAnne! What a gorgeous gathering of snippets you've put together in one sweet little frame! LOve seeing those Ritz cracker blooms again!
I cannot believe how huge that bird-planted Sunflower is already!!! Lucky you!
=]

Carol L said...

Great use of snippets and design with these cards. It reminds me of the Freshly Made Sketch this week which I was working on earlier today but didn't finish in time before the challenge expired. LOL That giant sunflower sure did grow quickly! There is a warning out in Indiana where folks are requested to take down their bird feeders because there's a bacteria growing on them and it's killing the birds! You can't get a better bird feeder than a flower with seeds!

Lisa Elton said...

You've put those scraps to good use, Leanne! These are charming. I especially like the friend card! Pretty sunflower too, can't wait to see more in bloom!