Tuesday, June 1, 2021

GDP294 All Things Fabulous

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Feels like Monday, doesn't it?  And happy June!!! I got in a little stamping time yesterday and made a card that was totally inspired by this card from Jaimie Barbarczy!  You might know that I don't gravitate towards purple shades, so Fresh Freesia was on the bottom of the In Color totem pole for me.  But her card was so pretty, I decided to give it a go with my own All Things Fabulous, and I used the Global Design Project sketch to get me started:


And here we go:


I stamped my florals in Fresh Freesia and my leaves in Soft Succulent instead of Crumb Cake like Jaimie did.  I used some Fresh Freesia DSP for my panels, and mounted everything on a diecut piece of Basic White that was embossed with the Tasteful Textile EF:


I think this is such a sweet sentiment....it's stamped in Soft Succulent as well:



And I added a sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells on the inside along with a few more little sprigs from the All Things Fabulous set:


I will need to step out of my comfort zone and use this color a little more, it's actually very pretty!  Thanks for popping in today!

John and I took a little walk around our church's cemetery yesterday...there are soldiers from many wars buried there, including the Revolutionary, Civil, Korean and Vietnam.  I didn't see any Gulf War stones, but lots of WWI and WWII as well. When we did cemetery clean-up day, we put American flags on lots of the plots; here's my dad's:


It was quite a sight to see all the flags waving!  I need to plant some flowers soon, too, so his stone doesn't look so bare!   Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All Things Fabulous, Friends are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Fresh Freesia DSP
 Ink Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Ornate Layers Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Fabulous Florals Dies, Tasteful Textile EF, Stamparatus

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It's a gorgeous color, and beautiful stamp, LeAnne! Altogether they made a really beautiful card - I think it's growing on you!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Jaimie is one of my teammates and I love how her card inspired you! The design is great and, of course, purple is my favorite color! TFS.

Lorraine said...

So pretty. Love that textured background too.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! The blooms and the soft lilac color are wonderful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the soft purples and so this card was always going to be a winner for me! Love those flowers too.