Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Perfectly CAS Shells

 Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's an early day, I pick up Cassidy at 7:15 and we have some errands to run and then who knows what we'll get into!  I quick made a card last night before bedtime, using the 1/3 corner challenge at Perfectly CAS, and the shell challenge at Fusion:


I am not sure if my card is CAS enough, as I do have some layering of my shells, but I still like the simplicity of it, so I am sticking with it!  Here we go:


I haven't used Very Vanilla very much lately, so I started by sponging the lower right corner with some Balmy Blue ink, then stamped a really old Cornish Heritage Farms Cheesecloth background stamp over top in Sahara Sand ink.  Pulling out Friends are Like Seashells, I stamped and lightly colored in some shells, starfish and sand dollar with Blends, then fussy-cut them out; I do have the dies, but I wanted to have no "halo" around the edges:


I added a few gold metallic pearls and a sentiment from the same set. This makes me feel happy--almost like being at the beach!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, Cheesecloth (ret Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla
 Ink Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Metallic Pearls
Tools     Blending Brushes, Blends 

18 comments:

Makira said...

Love this card. A perfect blend of the two cards. Cheers, MK

I Card Everyone said...

Your cheesecloth is stunning, and what a perfect stand-in for fish netting, LeAnne! Love these colors on the vanilla card! Perfectly CAS to me!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

The cheesecloth is da bomb! It's CAS enough for me, but then I'm not the judge...lol! Have fun with Cassidy today. I hope you create something together.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunning card LeAnne with just such a peaceful feel! The cheesecloth stamp is a real keeper isn't it and I love your subtle inking and those pretty shells. Have fun with Cassidy! Vicky x

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautifully done!

Carol L said...

I wish I'd snagged more CHF stamps before they closed! This cheesecloth background is wonderful and I love the blended colors! It's pastel perfection! Congrats to Cassidy on completing 5th grade! Wasn't she just born a couple weeks ago? Time flies!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think your card is beautifully CAS LeAnne and I love the addition of the cheesecloth - it adds so much visual interest to your corner of the beach! Hope you had a good day with Cassidy!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that challenge and you rocked it! The cheesecloth is fabulous and I love the shells!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this! The colors and that cheesecloth are wonderful. I think it's perfectly CAS!

Bonnie said...

Love that cheesecloth stamp over the soft blending! What a perfect place to show those shells!

Karen said...

I love this card! It is so cute!!! I need to see if I have this stamp set!!!

Tristan said...

Such a lovely card LeAnne. Great colour scheme and perfect placement in the corner with the grounding of that net. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion challenge. Tristan DT.

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME LeeAnne! Love your theme and design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PERFECTLY CAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Kim S said...

This is so pretty!! I love the softness of the vanilla with that gorgeous cheesecloth. The bits of gold are just perfect!

Laurie Unger said...

Perfectly CAS and a wonderful Fusion card. Thanks for playing over at The fusion card challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, I agree, this is almost as good as being at the beach. It's stunning and I love the pale pink shells. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Challenge this time Claire DT

Nancy said...

I saw this over at Perfectly CAS and had to come by for a better look! I adore it! Well done!

foleysfriend said...

The cheesecloth stamp is the perfect background for the lovely shells. Love the calm colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

sue n.