Thursday, June 10, 2021

IB178 Dad's Meal For The 4th

 Hi peeps, happy Thursday!  Our Inspired By photo inspiration is a fun one!  Check it out:


And here's our optional sketch, which is what I used for my card today!


I chose to make a 4th of July card, using the red, white & blue wording in the photo as an inspiration as well!  I pulled out a retired SU set and stamped two of the images in Misty Moonlight and Real Red, then did some fussy cutting and gluing:


I pieced together the red and blue images, diecut them with a stitched square die, and added some banners and stars:



I stamped and diecut a banner from the retired set Number of Years and added a diecut "4"':


I mounted everything on a piece of Real Red DSP, and for some extra fun, I added some "stitching" along each edge, using the new Stitchery set:


The design team has created some REALLY cute cards for this challenge....check them all out to see how they were inspired...you'll be surprised!  You can see them all at the Inspired By!  And by the way, the inspiration photo above?.....they're really cookies!  I made some once; they're a little time consuming, but they're fun!  Here's a similar recipe:

Hamburger Cookies from tbsp.


Aren't they cute? Thanks for stopping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stitchery, Number of Years, Star Spangled Banner (both ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Misty Moonlight, Real Red DSP
 Ink Misty Moonlight, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Large Numbers Framelits (ret), Star Dies (Verve), Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Dies (ret)

9 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great card, LeAnne! I made some July 4th cards a few weeks ago and had this stamp set out but my card did not turn out as nice as yours! Love how you did the stitching around the DSP! Well done!!!

Kampin' Karen said...

I love patriotic cards and you did a great job on this one.

I Card Everyone said...

I do love a patriotic card, LeAnne - this one ticks ALL of my boxes: the bright red, those fabulous stamps, and stitching, too? It looks so real!
Darling card, cookies that are too cute to eat!
=]

Bonnie said...

A great masculine card for Independence Day, LeAnne! Those hamburger cookies look amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

Too bad that set is retired, those stars and stripes images are so cute! Love your festive card, LeAnne. I'll bet your cookies were adorable and yummy too!

Karen in Florida said...

I LOVE LOVE your card & I wish I had the SU stamp set. It's from 2004!
Perfect patriotic stamp! Thanks for sharing!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your patriotic red, white and blue card LeAnne - and I am bowled over by those oh-so-cute hamburger cookies!

Danni Reid said...

I knew your inspiration for the sketch would be A.MAZING, and I could not love your card more, oh to be in your head for one day, you have the best ideas! (SWEET MEMORY: those cookies were my kids’ favorites for school parties)

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...your hamburger cookies are over the top cute!!!! Thank you fro sharing :) !!!
Love your 4th of July card...so fun and I can't wait to celebrate this special day!