Thursday, June 24, 2021

IB180 Flippin' Out

Hi there, stampers!  It's Thursday, and that means a new Inspired By challenge!  Check out THESE cookies:

 

CUTE as can be!  I knew just what stamp I wanted to use for this challenge...an older Impression Obsession set I've had for a while! So here we go:

I stamped a bunch of the flipflops in different colors, fussy-cut them as well as the straps and layered them on a 7 x 3 1/4" slim card; I added rhinestones on each one for fun!  I used the sketch from Make The Cards this week instead of the IB sketch:


I used the sentiment from the same IO set:


My final addition was a strip of retired SU DSP along the left fold!  I am going to send this to a certain someone who has helped me out this week!!  It has certainly been a week where I felt like I was going to flip out!  

Now....how will you interpret this fun challenge?  Be sure to stop by the Inspired By blog to see what inspired our designers...their creations are pretty amazing!  And of course, share your creations with us too!   PLUS, we'll be taking a little bloggy break, but we'll be back in August with some wonderful new photo challenges!  Hope to see you then! 

It's blueberry-picking time and we went out Monday evening to do some picking; it was a beautiful evening!  But as we were picking, a storm began to come through---we had heard it was in the middle of the state, coming eastward, so we weren't surprised.  But we were surprised to see what I was later told was a "shelf cloud":





It was pretty amazing!  And we did get some rain, but no hail and it the wind wasn't really that bad!  But those clouds were quite impressive!  Thanks for visiting today!   Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Have you seen the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail. which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle? What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed, or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?  Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain, and a path of thunderstorm, to water a land where no man lives, a desert with no one in it, to satisfy a desolate wasteland and make it sprout with grass?  Job 38:22-27


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Flip Out (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, A Little Foxy DSP (ret)
 Ink Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Strawberry Slush (ret), Blushing Bride
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools    

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

After making my card, I decided to remedy my 'no flip-flop die' situation - your cutie almost made it to my cart!
I can't believe you fussy cut those straps - amazing, and adorable in every color!
Tom took photos of a cloud like this one last week! Isn't that weird? Kinda scay-wee, Grammy!
=]

Bonnie said...

What fun flip flops, LeAnne! I'll take a pair in each color please! That cloud is awesome and scary!

Lisa Elton said...

Your IO polka dot flip flops are so cute! I would wear a pair of those. You fussy cut the straps??!! ~ high fives to you! Those cloud photos are cool... kinda spooky, but cool!

Allisa said...

Such a super cute card, I can so see why the stamp set was a keeper! Great take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

Jill Lipscomb said...

Love your flip-flops so much! Such a cute card and love the colors too! Thank you for joining us this week at Make the Cards Challenge. Jill

Susie Moore said...

Love this card. What a bright and happy one! Thanks for joining us at the Make the Cards Challenge this week.

Jill Lipscomb said...

Congratulations! You've been selected as this week's Featured Creator over at Make the Cards Challenge! Drop us an email at hello@makethecardschallenge.com

Kim S said...

I love the way you walked those flip flops up the side!! (And that cloud is awe-inspiring - and perhaps a bit intimidating!)