Monday, June 7, 2021

JAI557 Thinking of You

Happy Monday, peeps!  Sadly, I needed a sympathy card, and I thought the subtle colors in the Just Add Ink's beautiful inspiration photo would be appropriate:


I was inspired by the window, the mantle and the greenery, so I pulled out Welcoming Window to make this:


I used Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Crumb Cake for the elements of my little scene and it is all adhered to a layer of In Good Taste DSP.  It's not real clear in the photo, but there are little gingham pumpkins on the mantel, so instead of pumpkins, I made a gingham vase!!  I stamped both the greenery and flowers in Soft Succulent ink:


The sentiment is from the Quiet Meadow stamp set, stamped directly on to the DSP.  Thanks for popping in today!

It was a very hot weekend, so we took a little Sunday afternoon trip to the Northeast River in Maryland and watched some boats, and some ducks:


Since John sold his sailboat, he has been missing being on the river, so this was a good way to make him happy!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Welcoming Window, Quiet Meadow, Background Basics-Gingham (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, In Good Taste DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Window Flower Box Dies

9 comments:

Vickie said...

LeAnne, I really like this kind of faded look should I say…rustic….Well Done.

Blessings to you

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, is your card base designer paper? Or did you create that? What a fabulous place for your darling window! Oh, and the gingham vase? Adorable!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love this photo and how you've interpreted it, LeAnne! The gingham vase is an awesome idea!

Patrice said...

Sorry you needed a sympathy card, LeAnne....it is lovely though. Very soothing & the gingham vase I just love! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x
I'm envious of your hot weather. It's getting very cold in Canberra, Australia. Brrrr.

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely and the gingham pitcher rocks!

Lisa Elton said...

That's paper in the background, WOW the texture looks so real! This is charming, LeAnne. Love it!

Chantell Randall said...

Lovely card - I like your rustic back ground and fun window image. Chantell Just Add Ink

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So sad that you needed another sympathy card but I love the way you used the inspiration photo on this one. Great use of the DSP too - so realistic!

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous sympathy card LeAnne that I’m sure will bring a smile. Your background is gorgeous and the soft colours of the windows allow that super sweet gingham jar to star. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink this week.