Sunday, June 13, 2021

PP545 Season's Greetings

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday to you!  Our church is finally getting together today for our first picnic since 2019!  Praying for no rain....clouds are okay, but just no rain!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess this week and she has a fun color palette for us!  While my first thought was a summer card, I went outside the box and decided to go Christmas!  Here's the palette:


And here is my bright and cheerful Christmas card:


I pulled out a Lawn Fawn stamp set and die, stamped the image in Memento Black, colored it with Blends, then cut it out.  The sentiment is also from Lawn Fawn; it was stamped in Memento Black and Versamark ink, using my Stamparatus to get perfect coverage, then heat-embossed with Black embossing powder:


That pretty scalloped die is a new one from SU called Scalloped Contours...love it!  I added some matching sequins from my stash, a sentiment on the inside, and another card for my December stash is ready!  I am going to enter this at the Krafty Chicks, as it is Christmas week there too!

I hope you'll find some inspiration from Claire's pretty colors this week!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see what the other designers cooked up, and share yours with us too!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Home for the Holidays, Simply Celebrate Winter (both Lawn Fawn)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Illustrated Faith DSP (Dayspring)
 Ink Memento Black, Versamark
Accessories Sequins from my Stash, Mini Dimensionals, Black Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contours Die, Simply Celebrate Winter Dies (Lawn Fawn), Heat Too, Stamparatus, Blends

11 comments:

Leanne said...

LeAnne what a great clean and simple fun card. Awesome idea bold and pretty. Love it.

Thanks for playing our Christmas theme challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Leanne DT/KCC

I Card Everyone said...

Just love these unusually Christmas-y colors! It's darling LeAnne - you could make a dozen of these!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE that you created a Christmas card with my color palette! I love all those sweet little ornaments and the polka dot background made me smile! I love non-traditional colors for XMAS cards. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week! Praying for no rain for your church picnic! ENJOY! So happy you can do this wonderful activity again! Have a great week, My Friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Loving the polka dots and sweet little ornaments! Cute card, LeAnne!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great idea to use these colors for Christmas!! I'll have to remember this one when I'm in the mood for Christmas stamping! Have a great week!

Debbie Crowley said...

A fun and festive Christmas card, LeAnne. These are great colors to use for Christmas. Love that scalloped layer! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Nancy said...

Oh, I wish I would have thought Christmas! Love it in this color combo! Awesome card, LeAnne.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that cute row of colourful baubles - go you with the Christmas cards, you must have quite a little pile now!

Linda Callahan said...

This card makes me smile! And it makes me vow to start my holiday cards....sigh...never happens!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I hadn't thought about a Christmas card with these colors - but they are perfect! I love the olive polka dot - it's unexpected - and works so well with your ornaments. reminds me of snow falling around a Christmas tree.
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love, love, LOVE these colors for a Christmas card! Those little ornaments are darling and the sequins add the perfect sparkly detail. So fun!