Thursday, June 17, 2021

IB179 Melony Birthday

Happy Thursday, peeps!  We have a fun Inspired By challenge for you today---oh, who am I kidding, they're ALWAYS fun!  Check out these yummy treats!!!

 

And here is our optional sketch, too...I chose not to use it, but you can use the sketch, the photo or both for your card!


I've had these Fruit Fusion papers from Papertrey forever....and the watermelon print seemed perfect for today's challenge:


I layered some on a piece of Petal Pink, then added a little side flap (which was actually cut from the cover of the paper pad!) using the Basic Borders dies.  I stamped the sentiment from Shaded Summer and diecut it with the Scalloped Contours die, then backed it with a Stitched Rectangle in Kiwi Kiss (remember that one?) and added some fun ribbon I came across in an old Paper Pumpkin kit:


I did fussy-cut another little watermelon from a scrap and adhered it to the sentiment for fun!  Easy peasy watermelon squeezy!  Hope you'll play along with our sweet inspiration this week...it's perfect for creating some summer-theme cards!  Share them with us at the Inspired By blog!!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy sent me this photo of Eden lying on Dana's yoga mat:


Gives new meaning to "Downward Facing Dog"!!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Shaded Summer
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Petal Pink,  Kiwi Kiss (ret), Fruit Fusion DSP (Papertrey Ink)
 Ink Calypso Coral
Accessories Dimensionals, Ribbon (Paper Pumpkin ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Scalloped Contours Die, Basic Borders Dies

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Perfect papers for this watermelon challenge, LeAnne! This definitely says "summer"!

I Card Everyone said...

Truly, LeAnne, that paper couldn't be more perfect!!! LOve it, and Cassidy's downward facing dog!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

You are too funny with the Yoga comment! Now I know the name/company of the patterned paper I used last week! Love your card! Do you ever use the permalink in your blog? Reason I ask is that I'm having problems with mine not linking to the correct post for our Thursday blog hop.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The melons are cute but you had me with downward-facing dog - hilarious!

Lisa Elton said...

This was the perfect paper, LeAnne and your card is delightful! Is Eden preparing for a downward dog move??!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that paper! Perfect summery card!

Celeste Goff said...

The patterned paper you used on this card is absolutely perfect!! Gorgeous!