Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Woodsy Deer Christmas

 Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Hot enough for you?  It's sweltering here in PA, I am trying to stay cool by stamping Christmas cards and hitting my brother's pool!  Here's my card; it features the sketch from Sunday Stamps as well as the "Neutral Noel" challenge at Jingle Belles!


I pulled out a Unity stamp I have only used once that I can remember, along with some neutral papers:


I stamped the deer twice in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla cardstock, cutting one panel with a Stitched Rectangle die, then fussy-cutting the deer from the other one.  I added a background stamp of Joy to the World on the rectangle panel in Sahara Sand to fill it in a bit.  I colored the deer in with some Blends, and added sponging to it with Cinnamon Cider.  The larger DSP was also sponged with Cinnamon Cider ink, and I diecut some "greenery" (or should I say "brownery") from Cinnamon Cider cardstock and stamped some music on them too!  It still looked a little plain, so I added a coppery bow, which made me think of adding a coppery mat!!!  I diecut a panel from some retired Brushed Copper, using the Stitched So Sweetly dies, cut it apart, and tucked it behind my deer.  


Before adhering everything together, I ran the Crumb Cake card base through the Big Shot using the new Wintery embossing folder and sponged a little ink on that too!  I was pretty happy with the results, although I wish my sponging had been a little more subtle on the background paper...oh well!  And  it looks very "white" here in the picture, but it's really more tan....just couldn't get my camera to capture the true color!  Thanks for visiting today and popping in!

A couple last pictures from Longwood; the children's area has lots of fun fountains, including these little birds spouting water:


And of course, Cassidy had to stick her fingers in it!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All is Calm All is Bright (Unity), Joy to the World Hymn (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cinnamon Cider, Brushed Copper (ret), Home for Christmas DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Accessories Metallic Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Wintery EF, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Holiday Greens Dies (Tim Holtz), Blends

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card and fantastic fountain.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you've pulled out all the stops with this card, and I love every. single. detail of it! It's so.....HANDSOME! Your 'brownery' and the use of copper is perfection. That new embossing folder reminds me of the one I use [that has been discontinued btw] I look forward to seeing more of it!
=]
Tell me YOU didn't stick your fingers in there, too!

lauren bergold said...

ok, so, i don't think you've ever made a holiday card i did not love, but this one is ESPECIALLY awesome; WOW! what a beautifully layered creation and yet it's still pared down and elegant. i lvoe that you've added little bits of texture, sparkle, inking, etc etc to each element so that it's the perfect (neutral!) version of itself. love this leanne! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES neutral noel fun! ♥♥♥

Heather said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! Such a great take on our sketch, and it's never too early for Christmas in my house, lol. Love these perfectly layered neutrals! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, LeAnne! I love this deer and how perfectly all the elements fit together!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, this is magnificent! The addition of the copper mat was a brilliant idea. It makes every other fabulous element POP!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your neutrals Christmas card LeAnne! I would never have tried this but I'm quite inspired by your beautiful result. The musical brownery is perfect!

Longwood looks fun. I'm with Cassidy - I think I would've stuck my fingers in the bird fountain too! Vicky x

SmilynStef said...

I love everything about this design ... the elements work together so beautifully ... so very glad you joined our Neutral Noel at Jingle Belles.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful, natural Christmas card LeAnne - so much wonderful, vintage-inspired detail, this is the kind of card you are so good at and I wish I could create! That fountain is great too!

Stef Perry said...

So gorgeous LeAnne! Every step and addition you made resulted in a card that is even more amazing. I love the neutral color palette for Christmas and all spiced up with Cinnamon Cider and copper! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Heidi Baks said...

This is such an interesting card! I love all the details on the deer, and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Leanne, I love everything about this gorgeous card! Wow!!!! How smart are you to start your Christmas stash. The natural palette is so calming and I love deer! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!