Friday, March 1, 2019

AYSI195 Butterfly Thanks


Hi everyone!  It's Friday, yay!  It is also MARCH, how did that happen, and it's time for another As You See It challenge, and it's a sketch!  Check it out:

No photo description available.

I am enamored with this beautiful Botanical Butterfly DSP, all the designs coordinate so nicely together! I simply cut some rectangles, matted them in matching colors and then cut out one of the large butterflies to embellish my card today:


The butterfly was mounted on a stitched oval, on which I added some sequins, then I added a Paper Pumpkin sentiment stamped in Grapefruit Grove:



I took some of the Gingham Gala ribbon and zapped it with my heat tool to make it crinkly, then mounted everything on a Whisper White card base that was embossed with the Elegant Lines (ret) emobssing folder!  So easy!  This sketch is a great way to use up smaller pieces of DSP...I am sure you have plenty of those lying around!  Be sure to share your pretty creation with us at the As You See It blog!

I was on Facebook a couple of days ago and an elementary school friend posted this picture:


I thought to myself, "Wow, those little girls have short skirts on for Conestoga Wagon times"....then I looked a little closer and I thought, "Wait a minute...I think that's ME!"  And sure enough, it was me, and my best friend Lynne from elementary school.  We were visiting Landis Valley Museum , I think it was probably in 1964 or 1965!!  I didn't have my braces yet, and my dress had a crinoline under it!  Can you imagine girls these days, all dressed up like this to visit a farm museum!  But that's what we did back in the day! What a fun walk down memory lane!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove, Botanical Butterfly DSP
 Ink Grapefruit Grove
Accessories Gala Gingham Ribbon (ret), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Heat Tool

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love that DSP and that beautiful butterfly! The embossed panel looks great with this design and allows it to shine! I had to giggle when I saw the covered wagon picture and you said it was 1964/1965....heck I wasn't even born yet! LOL What a wonderful memory of the way the dresses use to be! TFS and have a great day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card and so glad to see how you managed the sketch. Ha! I recognied you right away!! I was graduating from high school in '64!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful mix of paper and colors! Great job with that sketch! And I love the picture....so sweet!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love your card! I plan to CASE it! Thanks for sharing! Love the picture of you and your bestie from school! I remember the days when we were required to wear dresses to school! No pants allowed. Times have changed!

Ruth Ann V. said...

What a beautiful card, so colorful!
I like the different layers and the embossing on the card.
I remember crinolines, they itches my legs!
Thanks for sharing and may God continue to bless you and family.

I Card Everyone said...

You have such a magical way with ribbon, LeAnne!!! Crinkling with a heat gun? Have you tried this with the seam binding? lol
A fabulous card... makes me wonder about this year's butterfly crop, and warmth!
What a darling photo of you, and your friend … yes, that's the way of the day - and I can hear the rustle of those crinoline's [and the scratch on my legs] if I think about it hard enough!
=]

Vickie said...

Very nice..love the layering..welldone. What a cute pic

MarvA1ix said...

What a fabulous card. Matting the DSP really makes it pop.
Love the photo of you on the field trip. I'm surprised you weren't wearing white gloves and your Easter bonnet, too. I know I would have been for a field trip. I even remember in high school going on a field trip to a museum, and we had to wear our "dress uniform", which meant we had to wear our jacket, tam, and white gloves over our green uniform skirt and vest, and we had to wear nylons, no bobbie socks, with our green oxford shoes to go to a museum.

Lisa Elton said...

I didn't know you could do that to ribbon with a heat gun, how fun! This is ever so pretty LeAnne. The colors are just wonderful. What a sweet photo of you, I giggled at your thought on "their" progressive attire!!

Jan Clothier said...

The embossing in the background just raises this card to a new level as far as I see it. :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful mix of patterns here! I loved seeing a pic of little you by that Conestoga wagon. How cool is that that your friend shared it on FB!

Michelle said...

You knocked it out of the box with the card. The picture and story are darling too,

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the mix of papers and the large butterfly on this card LeAnne - and I never knew you could crinkle your ribbon with a heat gun (every day is a school day!) I recognised you immediately in the photo - what a trip down memory lane! What did Cassidy say when she saw it? So different to school trips today!