Sunday, March 17, 2019

Paper Players 433 One Layer Bluebird


Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  I had a fun workshop yesterday as well as an "Everybody Birthday Party" last night at church!  Busy weekend!  It's a good thing that Jaydee's Paper Players challenge was a One-Layer Clean and Simple one!


One-layer cards can be a challenge for sure...we all love to put layers, embellishments and froufrou things on our cards, don't we?  For my one-layer card, I chose to use some Shimmery White cardstock; it's sturdier than regular white, has a lovely little sheen to it, and accepts watercoloring better than regular white.  So here we go:


I stamped my little bluebird from Best Birds in Stazon black ink, then watercolored him with an aquapainter and some Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Grapefruit Grove, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight inks:


I added a little ground with Soft Suede and some very, very pale speckles (Itty Bitty Backgrounds-retired, unfortunately) in Sahara Sand.  For the sentiment, I used a cool heat-embossing technique!  Using the Stamparatus, ink and stamp your sentiment in your color of choice; for this one, I used a birthday sentiment from Perennial Birthday and Early Espresso ink.  Leave your stamp on the Stamparatus plate and very carefully clean off all the ink, then re-ink and stamp again with Versamark.  I always like to ink and stamp a couple of times to make sure I get good coverage!  Then simply sprinkle it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set, and you have a lovely embossed image in any color!!


Once I had done the embossing, I added some "sky" watercoloring with Balmy Blue, along with a few more speckles!  Simple and easy!

I hope you'll step up to the challenge and create a one-layer wonder card this week and share it with us at the Players!  Check out what the others did at the Paper Players blog!  


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Best Birds, Perennial Birthday, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White
 Ink Versamark, Stazon Black, Early Espresso, Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Calypso Coral, Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake
Accessories
Tools     Aquapainter, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Stamparatus

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your bright and cheery bird is a great focal point LeAnne and your subtle splatters and wash behnd the sentiment are both great ways to give the illusion of depth on a one layer card. Great any colour embossing tip too! Hope you have a quieter day planned today; enjoy the rest of your weekend. Xx

Kampin' Karen said...

Your watercoloring is perfect! I never thought about using the Stamparatus for that purpose. Thanks for sharing that. Have a blessed day.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love your one layer card! That bluebird is perfect to carry a Happy Birthday greeting and as usual your water coloring is perfect! I've got to remember to try water coloring on the Shimmer Paper. Thanks for the reminder!

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming LeAnne and says spring to me!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! Bluebirds were my mother's favorite bird, and this card brought back sweet memories. Your water coloring is spot on! Such a simple, yet perfect card!

Su Mohr said...

LeAnne, Your bird is beautifully watercolored! I need to remember to use Glimmer Paper more often. It was perfect for your one layer card!

Windy Ellard said...

Of course your bird is beautifully colored but my fav is the water coloring behind the sentiment.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the shimmery white background and so excited to know how well the watercoloring works on it. This bird shouts spring! So pretty, My Friend! XX

Kim S said...

What a charming little bird. I love the swoosh of color for the sky and ground. All the little speckles add great texture and keep it so light and airy!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, once again you have proven that you are the queen of so many different styles of card making. This one layer card is truly wonderful. I love that you used Shimmer White card stock and the watercoloring is perfection. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee