Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Retro Rubber 106


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Retro Rubber Challenge....check it out:

Image may contain: text

I had a lot of ideas floating in my head, but while looking through my stash of DSP, I found this striped Christmas paper and went from there!  I am using a Freshly Made Sketches sketch, although it is too late to submit it, I still liked it!  So here we go:


I am really behind on my Christmas cards this year, so I pulled out a set from 1999 called Holiday Sampler!!  It's along the same lines as Jolly Bingo Bits, and I love these little images!  I stamped them in Garden Green and Real Red, then mounted them on some cardstock and Real Red Glimmer paper scallops:


I also embossed my Very Vanilla base with the Stripes embossing folder, to kick up the "stripes" part a notch!  A quick and easy way to add some interest to a simple card! 

We hope you'll play along with our stripe challenge...just make sure you give some of those older stamps some love...they have to be at least a year old, and you must tell us their approximate age!  At twenty years old, these stamps are still going strong!!  Thanks for popping in today!

Saturday night, Dana let Eden out for a moment, and she took off running after seeing two deer in the yard.  Despite calling her til she had no voice left, after almost four hours, Dana said she still wasn't home!  She took the advice of a couple of people and put her coat out on the deck and within half an hour, Eden was home!  Dogs must have an amazing sense of smell!!  She was exhausted, and so was Dana!  She said "I don't normally let her lick me, but I didn't care!"  A happy ending!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Holiday Sampler (1999), ret
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Red Glimmer (ret), Christmas DSP (ret, can't remember the name)
 Ink Real Red, Garden Green
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Circles Dies (ret), Stripes Embossing Folder (ret)

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Cute card from 1999.....are you making Christmas cards already? You go girl. So interesting about Dana’s coat bringing him home. We have always heard about their amazing scent.

Linda Callahan said...

I remember that set.....perfect with stripes! And so glad Eden returned.....didn’t know about the coat trick!

Lisa Elton said...

This is festive and cute LeAnne, I like the embossed stripes! Oh goodness, poor Dana. Thank goodness for a happy ending!

Greta said...

What a cute card--love the stripes!

Jan Clothier said...

A double dose of stripes - lovely! But a Christmas card... already?! You are keen!

Neva Cole said...

What a great way to use striped DSP, it is so pretty with these three simple images. I don't think I am ready to start Christmas cards yet though!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, love your card, it's such an elegant Christmas card, love the embossed stripes. Claire x