Thursday, March 14, 2019

IB63 Dish It Up


Hello peeps!  What a pretty day we had yesterday...it almost gave me hope that spring is on its way!  And a new Inspired By challenge is on its way too....and it really challenged me!  Phew!!  Let's say that this literal-inspired gal really had to put on her thinking cap for this one...so here we go:


And here's Laurel's prompt:


Truthfully, I had a lot of fun with this...although I wish I had used Night of Navy for my blue hue instead of Blueberry Bushel, but it still makes for a fun card!  And the photo really doesn't do it justice!  

I started with a sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, but I wanted to put more circles that what they had, so I just went off in my own direction!  I used several circle punches to cut circles from Lost Lagoon, Whisper White and Crumb Cake cardstock, then I sponged, daubered and stamped in a random fashion! Once I had them adhered to my Crumb Cake card, I ran it through my Big Shot with my Subtle embossing folder...I love how it gave it all such great texture!  I added a Spellbinders diecut and some Candy Dots to add some dimension!


It's always a challenge to come up with masculine birthday cards, so this will go right in that stack!  I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week...you don't have to go literal like I did; check out what the DT did to see how they interpreted the photo!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy got a little toy called a Kanoodle:




She had it assembled in about two minutes!! I am sure the mint chocolate chip ice cream helped!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gorgeous Grunge (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Blueberry Bushel, Lost Lagoon (ret)
 Ink Craft White, Crumb Cake,Blueberry Bushel,  Lost Lagoon (ret)
Accessories Candy Dots (ret)
Tools     Various Circle Punches, Big Shot, Subtle Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, December Small Die of the Month (Spellbinders)

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I spotted our Sketch, AND my [current] favorite embossing folder right away, LeAnne! SO fun!
=]

Tenia Nelson said...

What a fun card!! Wow!! How the little one has grown!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is an awesome masculine card LeAnne! I like the little bit of texture you added!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a great card LeAnne (that sketch totally foxed me!) so creative. I like the texture and mix of colours and for what it’s worth I actually think the Blueberry Bushel was a good choice - I think navy would have got lost and toned in a little too well.

Cat Craig said...

I love your splats, so fun and I love that they are bright blue. Very eye catching.