Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Botanical Bliss Thanks


Hi everyone!  It's the middle of the week...the temps are getting a little better every day and hopefully by the end of the week it may actually feel like SPRING!  I have a pretty spring flower for you today on my card...no challenge, I was just experimenting with some watercoloring on Shimmery White cardstock and liked my "experiment" well enough to cut it out and use it on a card:


I know this is the second card in a row on which I've used yellow, but I can honestly say that I think this is the first time I've used the In Color Pineapple Punch!  I paired a layer of it with some of the Botanical Butterfly DSPs, added a black scalloped border and a flower from Botanical Bliss, which I stamped in Stazon, then used various inks and an aquapainter to color it in:


I added a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings, stamped in Granny Apple Green and diecut with a Rectangle Stitched die, then a few sequins from my stash.  Another cheery card is on its way!

Wayne tried to show Cassidy how to throw a rock and have it skip across the water.  They weren't too successful...practice, practice, practice!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Botanical Bliss, Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White, Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Basic Black, Botanical Butterflies DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Sequins from my stash
Tools     Big Shot, Be Mine Framelits, Aquapainter

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card. Sometimes we need to sit back and not go for a challenge...relaxing, isn't it? Skipping rocks is such fun and it really does take practice and the right shaped, weighted rock! She'll be a pro in no time.

Dawn Tidd said...

One of my favorite color combos, black, white and yellow! Love your stripes and dots with that pretty blossom. I still need to pull out my Shimmery Whir and try it out with the water coloring as yours is so good. I hope maybe you'll be seeing some real blossoms soon!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne you have the best polka dotted papers!!! LOve your experiment, and the results!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful and of course you know you had me with the polka dots!

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is such a beautiful card. I've always loved black, white and yellow combos. This definitely makes me feel hopeful for Spring. I also like your watercoloured flower experiment - turned out beautifully.