Thursday, February 28, 2019

IB61 Softly Quilted


Yahoo!  It's Thursday and the weekend is almost here!  Thursday also means another Inspired By challenge and I have a real simple card to share today:


Aren't those colors and prints pretty together?  Just like a little quilt...hey, that might just be what Laurel's prompt is today!  Check it out:


This is a fabulous way to use up some scraps....of course, I have enough scraps to make a few hundred of these cards!  These are all from various 6x6" paper pads I've collected over the years....all diecut with a square stitched die, then adhered on a Naturals White card.  The sentiment is a past Paper Pumpkin (I am rediscovering all my PP sets, LOL!), stamped in Bermuda Bay and I did add a little cross-stitched impression on either side of the sentiment as well as a Crisp Cantaloupe "button" diecut from an old SU die....it's actually three layers adhered together, then tied with some perle cotton:



I put a little Bible verse on the inside and I will add this to my cancer center stash!  Now what will you come up with for this pretty little challenge?  Can't wait to see it...share it over at the IB blog!

I was looking at my blog from 2013 and I came across this photo of Cassidy in a box:


Six years later, she's still climbing in boxes!!  (Sorry both photos are blurry..the girl is always on the move!)


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Crisp Cantaloupe (ret), Misc DSPs from Various Companies
 Ink Bermuda Bay
Accessories Perle Cotton thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Button Die (ret), Stitched Lines Dies (Ellen Hutson)

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your PP prints are just perfect, and so pretty!! It is so nice to put those papers to use, right?
LeAnne, Cassidy must have been a cat in another life! so cute!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty mix of pattern and color, this is lovely LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I've been following you for many years, ever since Cassidy was a wee toddler. I sent you a message saying I would be delighted to make some magnets of her pictures to send to you periodically, but you never answered. My offer still stands as I watch Cassidy grow into such a sweet, sweet girl. If the magnets are something you don't think she'd like, please let me know and I won't make my offer again. Thanks. craftycasey@EarthInspiredCrafts.com

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet! Nothing like a box to play in!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, my gosh, which is sweeter...your card or Cassidy in the box? There's just something special about this whole post!