Sunday, March 24, 2019

PP434 Rev Up the Fun


Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday, and welcome to another Paper Players challenge, where Joanne has a nice sketch for us!  Here we go:


I am always in need of masculine birthday cards, so I pulled out a retired set and went to work!  I did orient the sentiment panel to the other side to make it work better with the motorcycle!!


I used some older SU Brights DSP for my simple panels, stamped the sentiment and tire tracks,  then stamped the motorcycle in Pacific Point and colored it with some Old Olive Blends.  I fussy-cut it out and popped it up so it was doing a wheelie!!!:


There were a couple of other challenges that this fit as well:  the Clean and Simple Colours and Sketches challenge wanted Pacific Point, Old Olive and Sahara Sand:


and the Festive Friday challenge wants handmade and/or dots!  I think my card qualifies for both!

#festivefridaychallenge, #FF0030, Stampin Up, Handmade, Dots

So what will you create with this sketch?!  I hope you will share it with us at the Paper Players this week!  Meanwhile, check out what the others created!  

·         Ann
·         Claire
·         Jaydee
·         Joanne
·         Laurie
·         Nance
·         Anne Marie
·         Su
·         Wanda
·         Windy
      
       Thanks for popping in today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Rev Up the Fun (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Brights DSP (ret)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Pacific Point
Accessories Halloween Enamel Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     SU Blends

We are almost finished cleaning out my dad's tools....we went from this:


To a much smaller pile in the kitchen:


John, my brother and brother-in-law loaded stuff into the utility trailer:


And we have almost all the stuff out of the garage....besides all the tools and other stuff he "collected", he had about 100 fishing poles hanging from the rafters:



Not to mention bobbers, minnow buckets, lead weights, reels, lures, tackle boxes....the list goes on and on!  But at least we can walk through the house without stepping over tools! 

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love your stamp set, espcially the tire tracks! Perry's father had about that many planes. We still have them somewhere!! Enjoy your day. We are celebrating St. Patrick's day with friends from up north who are here for a week.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this fab masculine card! Wow...your dad had quite the collections and you had quite the job sorting through everything! My two brothers and SIL are emptying out my dad's condo and there was a huge pile of things though not as overwhelming as when he and mom moved out of the home place. Guess that's why I'm in purge mode now already. I don't want my kids having to go through quite so much "stuff"!

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright and happy LeAnne, a terrific masculine card! You guys sure had your work cut out for you. I've already started purging so our son doesn't have to deal with too much. It's hard, but some things just have to go!

YoonYoung Kim said...

I love your clean and simple card. And those colours are wonderfuly gettting along with each other! This card is a perfect masculine card! :) Thank you for sharing your wonderful card at CC&S challenge!

Patricia Hays said...

Some fella is going to enjoy receiving this fun card! I love how you've popped up the motorcycle into a wheelie! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

Fiona Whitten said...

Great card for the men. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love your card. The bright colors are perfect together and I am in love with that old SU set - it is always a classic and you used it beautifully. Although it is always a tough job, the boys did an amazing job of going through the tools and fishing paraphernalia.
Hugs
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love the bright, vibrant colors on this fun card! Such a great masculine card! XX
WOW---your dad's collection is huge! Reminds me of my tepee with all my stamping stuff. LOL!!
I do know we are facing this in our future and I am dreading the thought of it. I am sending hugs and lots of patience to all of you in this overwhelming undertaking. XXX

Windy Ellard said...

Adorable with these polka dots! Really a fun card for any age!

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect masculine card, LeAnne! I love the colors you used. The Old Olive is such a great contrast to the Pacific Point Blue. The motorcycle is so cute! Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is fab LeAnne - the sketch was so made for your wheelie motorcycle! Love the bright colours too - such a fun masculine card.

laurie said...

Great idea for a masculine card, and I love the blue! Wow that's alot of fishing poles and tools..he had a great collection.

Beth McCullough said...

What a fun and happy dotted card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! We are busy cleaning out my in-laws house too. I've been sorting through old pictures etc. Makes me want to get rid of all my stuff so my kids don't have to do this. :)