Saturday, August 14, 2021

TSOT519 Two Sympathy Cards

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I slept in today---what a great feeling!  So I am a wee bit behind!  I wanted to share two sympathy cards that sadly, I needed.  They both use the Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch for this week.  Here's the first one (which is really the second one I did):


And here's the sketch:


I used Shaded Summer, stamped in Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent.  For this particular card, I stamped the images twice, once in each color.  I diecut the Soft Succulent image, then fussy-cut the Pale Papaya flowers and adhered them on top.  The sentiment is from Positive Thoughts.  I added pearls at the bottom and one on the main image as well, and some Soft Succulent ribbon.


I used a Papertrey sentiment and the butterfly from Positive Thoughts for the inside:


The second one (which is the first card I made) uses the same layout and images; this time I used markers to color the greenery and florals:


The background DSP is from You're A Peach, and I added some retired polka dot ribbon and some Blue Gems.  I forgot the elements at the bottom right, so  that's why I made another one!  They are both on a Basic White card base that was embossed with the Dots embossing folder


So happy you could pop by today!  My to-do list today include making eggplant parmesan from the bumper crop of eggplants we've had!  Off to put on my chef toque!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details for Both Cards—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Positive Thoughts, Shaded Summer, Inspired: Prayer (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent, Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Soft Succulent DSP, You're A Peach DSP
 Ink Mint Macaron, Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya
Accessories Pearls, Blue Gems, Dimensionals, Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon, Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Dots Embossing Folder, Summer Shadows Dies (SAB), Mint Macaron Marker, Balmy Blue Marker, Stamparatus

11 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, both of your cards are beautiful, but I absolutely LOVE the Soft Succulent one!!! Thank you for sharing your cards and creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Rachelle Oltean said...

Dear LeAnne - These are such beautiful sympathy cards, which are often so hard to make. I know I don't comment as often as I should, but I want you to know that I look forward to the email of your post coming to my inbox every day and always review your beautiful creations! Take care!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Barb R said...

Beautiful cards, as always! Love eggplant parmigiana!! Just had the best in VT….he added ricotta. 😍

Heather said...

So, so pretty, LeAnne - Soft Succulent is quickly becoming my go-to green these days - though the layout in blue is awesome, too! Both so elegant! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne, I'm sorry that you needed them, but they sure are beautiful, and will surely bring comfort to those in need.
I'd sure like to be there at your dinner table tonight - eggplant parm is one of my favorite meals of all!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, that will be greatly appreciated for the love that went into them.

Marjolein said...

They are both lovely, despite the sad occasion you need them for. I guess te receivers of both cards feel the warmth you've put in making the cards. Thank you for joining us at TSOT with these two beauties. Marjolein

Linda Callahan said...

These are both lovely! I send sympathy cards weekly it seems......

Lorraine said...

Wonderfully done! Those colors are so soothing. Hope the eggplant turned out well too.

Melanie R said...

Beautifully created, LeAnne! I am sure your recipients will realize the special attention you have given to them with your handmade cards. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge #519.

libbystamps said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the sketch and your choice of products. I might just have to CAS this one! Thank you for joining try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 519!